From the most unknown to the most awaited of the year, we list all game releases that will arrive during the month of October 2018.
The year 2018 started a little warm for game releases, mainly for inputs from large producers. Fortunately, the scenario is changing and the electronic games industry is reaching the last quarter of the year in full swing, filled with highly anticipated new titles and also bringing ports and remastering of past big hits.
See below an exclusive list prepared by Showmetech of the games that will arrive in October 2018 for PRAÇA, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Switch and even, depending on the title, for platforms of the past generation – with emphasis on some “figures” that will certainly elicit praise and screams from the public and the specialized media:
Forza Horizon 4 (PC, Xbox One) arrives with all its speed at the beginning of the month for Microsoft platforms and marks, once again, an excellent entry in the car franchise developed by Playground Games. This time, we can drive a wider range of cars on more than 500 roads that cut across England’s countryside.
Mega Man 11 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) brings back our hero in the robotic costume “azulão” after many years of rest, promising to overcome the infamous Mighty No. 9 in many aspects. Witnessing the 30-year history and knowing that Capcom is betting heavily on a new, more “classic” entry, it is difficult not to create expectations.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (PC, PS4, Xbox One) further consolidates the formula established by Assassin’s Creed Origins last year. Set at the height of Ancient Greece, the game introduces us to the brothers Kassandra and Alexios – two different journeys. A world full of Ancient History, activities and secrets awaits us.
Super Mario Party (Switch) will bring together all the best than this spin off of Super Mario already offered previously. With a varied selection of minigames, the game opens a feature that connects two Nintendo Switch in a simple and innovative way, promising to change our concept of multiplayer place with lots of fun.
Child of light (Switch) arrives with all its aesthetic charm in a definitive version for the Nintendo hybrid. For those unfamiliar with the title, it is a platform game with RPG elements, featuring an engaging story and a combat system based on the classics of the Grandia series.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) marks the usual annual entry of the franchise with a novelty that seems to please fans: Blackout mode. Since the popularization of games in the style battle royale has been so relevant, why not implement it in the consolidated series of shooting games? We will soon know if it was worth it!
Luigi’s Mansion (3DS) is nothing less than a remake of the original title of GameCube which, even in 2018, guarantees a lot of fun with its unique and intuitive gameplay. Here you take on the role of Luigi, who uses a vacuum to catch ghosts, move objects and solve mysteries in a haunted mansion.
The World Ends With You: Final Remix (Switch) was, for years, a long awaited relaunch among fans of the original Nintendo DS RPG. Set in a fictional Japan in the contemporary era, TWEWY (as the fans call it) puts the player in urban battles with lots of combos and colors on the screen – almost a anime by itself.
LEGO DC Super-Villains (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) arrives for all current platforms bringing the best (or worst) of each villain in the extensive fictional universe of DC. As a customizable character, our goal is to fight the good guys alongside Lex Luthor, Joker, Reverse Flash, Exterminator and many other malefactors.
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) is the type of game that reminds us of the good times of Star Fox 64. Common fun gameplay which balances intergalactic exploration and aerospace combat, the game looks even more fun on the Switch by using a real toy to modify its virtual spaceship.
Dark Souls Remastered (Switch) is the arrival of the fearsome franchise from FromSoftware to portable consoles, even with a considerable delay compared to other platforms. Lordran is an interconnected world that will force you to be precise in combat, curious in exploration and daring in your choices. It is also an opportunity for Nintendo lovers to discover one of the most influential titles of the decade.
SoulCalibur VI (PC, PS4, Xbox One) brings together select characters from the fighting franchise and invites none other than Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) to be part of the team. Bringing more characters and melee weapons to the beating, the game seeks to further evolve combat with new defense mechanics to «counter» attacks.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (PC), The Witcher franchise card game, has already proven to be a success with early access and will receive its first final version now in October on Steam. Game developer CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the official game launch for PS4 and Xbox One will take place in 2018.
Just Dance 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Switch, Wii, Wii U) marks yet another entry in Ubisoft’s annual dance franchise. The highlights are the successes Havana (Camila Cabello), Pac Man (Dancing Bros.), Shaky Shaky (Daddy Yankee) and Bum Bum Tam Tam (MC Fioti). Dance!
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One) is one of the most anticipated game releases of the year and the most expensive production in entertainment history. Developed exclusively by a team of a thousand people over five years, the game will put us in the shoes of Arthur Morgan and his gang to explain what happened before the events of the first game – in an even more alive and gigantic world that promises to revolutionize the open worlds in games.
Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood (PS4) comes exclusively to the Sony console to honor one of the most influential franchises in gaming history. Bringing precise combat, level design of quality and chilling soundtracks, the collection seeks to please old and newcomers to the genre.
Coming to the end of the month to end October’s game releases with a flourish, Call of Cthulhu (PC, PS4, Xbox One) is one of the titles awaited by fans of terror and investigation. Based on a desktop RPG of the same name, the game brings together the best of Cosmic Terror by author HP Lovecraft. Some say it can be as immersive and sinister as the horror classics silent Hill and Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem.
LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Xbox One, Switch) is the definitive version of the wizard’s games, including adventures from all seven years spent at Hogwarts. Between brewing potions, practicing spells and fighting evil, you’ll have plenty of time to play with the more than 100 characters in the series – either in 4K (Xbox One) or in portable mode (Switch).
Other game releases in October 2018 are:
- Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) – 10/02
- Twilight Path (Rift, Live) – 10/02
- The Surge: The Good, the Bad, and the Augmented DLC (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 10/02
- Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story (PC, PS4, Switch) – 10/02
- Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics (PC) – 10/04
- Pilot Sports (PS4, Switch) – 10/04
- The Midnight Sanctuary (PC, PS4, PS VR, Switch) – 04/10
- WWE 2K19 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 05/10
- Crashbots (PC) – 10/9
- Disgaea 1 Complete (PS4, Switch) – 09/10 (North America) and 12/10 (Europe)
- Home Sweet Home (PS4, PS VR, Xbox One) – 10/9
- Shortest Trip to Earth – Early Access on Steam (PC) – 10/9
- Space Hulk: Tactics (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 10/9
- Stranded Deep (PS4, Xbox One) – 10/9
- The Occupation (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 10/9
- MapleStory 2 (PC) – 10/10
- Kursk (PC) – 11/10
- Spitkiss (iOS, PC) – 11/10
- The Light Keeps Us Safe – Early Access on Steam (PC) – 11/10
- The Missing (PC, PS4, PS VR, Switch) – 11/10
- The Swindle (Switch) – 11/10
- Tricky Towers (Switch) – 11/10
- For Honor: Marching Fire Season / DLC (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 10/16
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 10/16
- The Hunter: Call of the Wild 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – 10/16
- Valkyria Chronicles (Switch) – 10/16
- Orochi Warriors 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 10/16
- Moto Racer 4 (Switch) – 18/10
- Reigns: Game of Thrones (Android, iOS, PC) – 10/18
- Syberia 3 (Switch) – 18/10
- Dark Souls Trilogy (PS4, Xbox One) – 10/19
- World War 3 – Early Access on Steam (PC) – 19/10
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist DLC (PS4) – 10/23
- Spintires: MudRunner – American Wilds Edition (PS4, Xbox One) – 10/23
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (PC) – 10/23
- Windjammers (Switch) – 10/23
- Lethal League Blaze (PC) – 10/24
- 25th Anniversary Flashback (PS4, Xbox One) – 10/25
- My Hero’s One Justice (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 10/26
- NERO (Switch) – 10/26
- Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 10/30
- Neon Town (PC) – 10/30
- Sports Party (Switch) – 10/30
- Phantom Halls (PC) – 10/31
And have you, dear reader, already decided which game releases you are going to try this next month? Leave your opinion or suggestion below!