If you thought Motorola would be the next manufacturer to release the new version of Android for your devices, you may be mistaken. After Nexus devices, now is the time and time for Sony users to taste the sweet taste of the previous version of Android Nougat.
The manufacturer has just announced the possibility for Xperia Z3 owners to test Android Nougat starting today. So if you have one of the following variants: D6603 or D6653 of Xperia Z3 you can already test the new version of Android.
The whole Android experience is pure, but with Xperia line camera software
Attention: Android N is still in the testing stages and contains several stability issues. We installed the previous version of Android N on the Xperia Z3 that we have here in the newsroom and, I confess, still quite experimental. But it is usable.
The best information of all is that we have all the experience of pure Android on an Xperia, but with the camera software from Sony's smartphone line. simply gorgeous!
How to download and install Android N preview on your Xperia Z3
To download Android N preview on your Xperia Z3 now, check out the tutorial below:
- Download Xperia Companion version 1.124 here and install it on your PC;
- Connect Xperia Z3 to your PC via a USB cable;
- With the Xperia Companion app open hold down the ALT key and click "Repair Software" on the home screen.
- The app will ask you to unplug your phone, turn it off and then reconnect while holding the volume button down;
- The Android N preview be installed on your smartphone.
We also tested whether you can downgrade Android N preview if you regret it at the end of the process. We find that doing this is very simple, but the device took a long time to restart, so don't panic if it happens to you. Therefore:
- Simply plug in the Z3 into Xperia Companion and click "Repair Software" by following the same steps.
The new version of the system is available to any Xperia Z3 owner. So you don't have to be part of the Xperia Concept. Just connect the player to the PC, install the software and follow the tutorial above. Oh, and of course, have fun.
And what do you think about the Xperia Z3 running on Android N? Did you want your carrier to go to Sony now?
. (tagsToTranslate) Android n xperia z3 (t) how to install android n xperia z3