After Apple's big hit with iOS 8.0.1, the company has just released the iOS 8.0.2. Although the most serious problems affected only iPhones 6 and 6 Plus, the new version was made available to all iGadgets.
The build of iOS 8.0.2 to 12A405, while that of 8.0.1 was 12A402.
Here are the direct download links:
- iPad2,1 = iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad2,2 = iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad2,3 = iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad2,4 = iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
- iPad2.5 = iPad mini Wi-Fi
- iPad2,6 = iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad2,7 = iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad3,1 = third generation iPad Wi-Fi
- iPad3,2 = Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA) third generation iPad
- iPad3,3 = third generation iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad3,4 = 4th generation iPad Wi-Fi
- iPad3,5 = 4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM) iPad
- iPad3,6 = 4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA) iPad
- iPad4,1 = iPad Air Wi-Fi
- iPad4,2 = iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular
- iPad4,3 = iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular (compatible with 4G networks in China)
- iPad4,4 = iPad mini with Retina Wi-Fi screen
- iPad4,5 = iPad mini with Retina Wi-Fi + Cellular screen
- iPad4,6 = iPad mini with Retina Wi-Fi + Cellular screen (compatible with 4G networks in China)
- iPhone4,1 = iPhone 4s
- iPhone5,1 = iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone5,2 = iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone5,3 = iPhone 5c (A1532 / A1456 models)
- iPhone5,4 = iPhone 5c (A1529 / A1526 / A1507 models)
- iPhone6,1 = iPhone 5s (models A1453 / A1533)
- iPhone6,2 = iPhone 5s (models A1518 / A1430 / A1457 / A1528)
- iPhone7,1 = iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone7,2 = iPhone 6
- iPod5,1 = 5th generation iPod touch
Repeating the changelog version 8.0.1, which also serves for this:
This version contains improvements and bug fixes, such as:
- Thanks to an error, HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store.
- Fixed an issue that could cause third-party keyboards to be unchecked when a user types their password.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some applications from accessing photos in the Photo Library.
- Improved reliability of the Achievability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unexpected use of cellular data when receiving SMS / MMS messages.
- Better support of the option “Ask to buy” in Family Sharing for Purchases within apps.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused ringtones to not be restored from iCloud backups.
- Fixed an error that prevented photos and videos from being loaded from Safari.
If you are still not seeing the update on your iGadget (over-the-air, or OTA) and / or on iTunes, wait a while until it is propagated to all Apple servers in the world.
Update · 09/25/2014 s 21:33
To Re / code, Apple said the iOS 8.0.1 problems affected about 40,000 owners of iPhones 6 and 6 Plus, certainly those who updated before it removed the update from the air.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to users of iPhones 6 and iPhones 6 Plus who were affected by the bug in iOS 8.0.1, Apple said.