After more than a year of waiting, Adobe finally released the promised iPad version of its most popular graphics application, the Photoshop.
The company’s goal is to get the tablet as close as possible to the computer version. But the road is still long.
As expected, the initial version is still quite limited, not bringing important functionality to professionals who already use the tool. The plan is, over time, to add what’s missing. However, given the time it took to launch the basic version, we can imagine that we won’t see any news anytime soon.
The download is free, but to use the app you must have a monthly subscription. However, for those who want to test before buying, the first 30 days are free.
Here are the main features highlighted on the application page:
- Create with full PSDsCreate on your iPad with Photoshop features you know and love, from touch-up and composition to recovery and mixing modes. Layers? They are all here. Resolution? It makes no difference. Your PSDs are exactly the same, whether you’re working on the desktop or on top of a mountain.
- Familiar tools, fingertip controlWork with the layer stack and toolbar tools, just like on the computer. Slide, pinch, touch, scribble, slide – you’ll feel closer to your work than ever. And with the context-aware user interface, only the main tools and panels are displayed, so you can focus on the screen, not the mess.
- Work anywhereIt’s simple to keep your PSDs in sync across devices, because now you don’t have to sync anything. Your documents are automatically saved to the Adobe cloud while you work and are available on any device running Photoshop.
- CompositionMake precise selections with the Quick Selection tool, Lasso and advanced selection options such as blurring. Use the brush to mask certain parts of your image and create sophisticated compositions.
- RetouchingEdit and enhance images and remove unwanted elements with features like spot recovery and clone.
This list does not have one of the main differentials, which is the compatibility with Apple Pencil (both generations) for you to draw or touch up some graphic art with your hands.
To install, you must have an iPad with at least iOS 13.1, and be one of these models:
- iPad Pro (all)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- 5th, 6th and 7th generation iPad
If you meet all these requirements, just install the app via from this link. The monthly subscription fee will be R $ 40.90. The first 30 days are free.