A few days ago, the iFixit dismounted and showed us the insides of the iPhone SE – without any big surprises. Now, it was the turn of the 9.7-inch iPad Pro to fall into her hands.
Here are the highlights:
- The model for this new iPad Pro is the A1673.
- Opening the iPad is still an arduous, time-consuming and complicated task. It requires heating all its sides to soften the glue and detach the front part of the rear housing. It is not a product designed to be opened.
- The display connection cable has moved. It is now in the lower right corner.
- The logic board has an EMI (electromagnetic) cover, just like the larger iPad Pro.
- There are new connection plates inside antennas.
- Contrary to what iFixit found on the larger iPad Pro and on all iPhones since the 5s, on the smaller iPad Pro there are no tabs that make it easy to pull the battery out. By the way, we are talking about a 3.8V and 27.91Whr, with a total capacity of 7,306mAh. It is obviously smaller than the iPad Pro 12.9 ″, but bigger than the iPad Air 2.
- The Smart Connector is virtually impossible to replace.
The 9.7 ″ iPad Pro received a grade 2/10 in the “reparability” item of iFixit. Check out the teardown complete here.