Google Vice President Snior Vic Gundotra just posted on the Google+ project page that Google Search giant's social network currently has over 500 million people registered. Undoubtedly, this is a milestone for Google that, in this area, competes with no less than 1 billion Facebook users! But with a stark difference: Facebook was launched in February 2004; j Google+ in June 2011.
This Thursday has been a long day for the Mountain View company, especially for the domestic market. Yesterday, Anatel announced the approval of the Nexus 4 in the country, at dawn, the Google Play Store integrated the Book and Film services in the Brazilian digital market, now comes the announcement that in just 18 months, Google+ reached half a million of registered users:
That is, more than 500 million registered users, 235 million are active on Google, and 135 million have stream activity. Not bad for a Tuesday anyway!
Here, it is very important to understand also that this is not a phenomenon, although it seems. Remember, many Google services are directly linked to the social network: users +1 apps on Google Play, hangouts in Gmail, write reviews on Maps … and a handful of other features that bring traffic to Google+. However, it is still very interesting to realize that 135 million, about 27% of G + users, are active on the platform!
So I would like to make it clear that THERE'S LIFE ON GOOGLE +!
In addition to introducing these numbers, Google has also launched Google+ Communities, a response to Facebook Groups, a way to get you in touch with people who have the same interests. Below you give some characteristics:
- Public or private communities to suit all types of groups. They can be about topics and interests, about the local neighborhood or maybe about periodic poker nights
- Discussion categories to find the conversations you're most interested in
- The option to start hangouts and plan events with community members
- The ability to share with your community from any "+1" button on the web
Image edited in Snapseed. (c) Sebastian Stan – G Plus Project
The Snapseed app was another announcement this Thursday and is for Google+ just as Instagram is for Facebook. That is, an image editor that can be used to make your images more elegant before you post them to your timeline. Snapseed was voted best iPad app of the past year, now it is also available for Android. Its features include:
- Basic adjustments such as tuning, straightening and cropping
- Creative filters such as drama, black and white and vintage that can be applied individually or combined
- Control Point Technology to selectively enhance your photo. You can, for example, just brighten the face or just deepen the sky
. (tagsToTranslate) google plus (t) G + (t) Google+ (t) number of users (t) 500 million (t) snapseed