Managing files on Android has never been so easy, common to get lost amid so many documents, music, photos, apks and more. That's why I selected 5 great solutions to manage your device files.
App-packed Android, however, doesn't always deliver what it promises or meets all audiences. Some programs embedded by manufacturers fall into this situation. If this is your reality, or just want something new, I will briefly cover 5 alternatives and recommend that you try each one and see which one you like best. I will start according to the grade of these programs on Google Play (maximum 5 stars), even having my favorite, I will try to be impartial.
1. File Manager by Xiaomi: File Explorer (Xiaomi Inc)
The file manager of the Chinese company Xiaomi is one of the best apps in this category, with a very high score of 4.8 the program has very interesting features, some of which are:
- Recent: In which the app indicates the files you have recently manipulated;
- Categories: Files are organized according to their format;
- Storage: The app informs you in detail which files are consuming space and gives you the option to manage all folders of your device;
- Cleanup: The ability to free up storage space by clearing the cache of obsolete files;
- Mi Drop (ShareMe): Share files with friends much faster, without Bluetooth or internet connection;
- FTP: To connect your device to your computer and transfer files (something relatively simple in Ubuntu);
- Global Search: Enter keywords and find files;
- File Compression: Compress and unzip files to 7Z / RAR;
- Batch file management: Select multiple files for same operation;
- Cloud Integration: Google Drive Compatibility;
- And much more.
The app has a size of 18 MB, requires Android 4.4 or higher and has over 100,000,000 downloads.
2. File Manager (Flashlight + Clock)
The second app on our list also has a very high rating, being 4.8 out of 5 stars. Its look may not please everyone, however, the very powerful and versatile tool. See some of its features:
- Main Storage: Manage all files and folders in your Android storage;
- SD Card: Management is not limited to internal memory, being possible on the SD card, something not every manager can do;
- Management of various formats: Be music, video, image, apks, documents, among others. You can manage and preview many types of files on your device;
- Control over Apps: A very practical feature, you can see at a glance various information about installed apps. Being able to delete the cache of these apps, such as the apps themselves.
- Data Backup: In addition to deleting application data and caches, backup can also be performed;
- New Files: Each time you download or relocate files, the app helps you identify these new files.
- Cloud Integration: Access your cloud storage from multiple services such as DropBox or Google Drive;
- Remote Access: You can use FTP to access your computer or even NAS;
- And much more.
The app has a size of 6.3 MB, requires Android 4.0.3 and up, having over 100,000,000 downloads.
3. Google Files (Google LLC)
The Google app has as its slogan free space on your mobile, with a grade of 4.6 the company's solution is very complete and does not lose to its competitors. The key features are:
- More space: Quickly and simply free up your Android storage space by discarding obsolete files;
- Storage Analysis: Use Files to check the remaining space on internal storage or SD, and transfer files from one to the other if necessary. In addition to an integrated wiper to facilitate this task;
- Built-in optimization and warnings: The app ensures higher performance by notifying you each time a predetermined storage space is reached, so your Android smartphone never works on the edge;
- Smart Recommendations: This feature learns as you use Files and suggests which files to delete;
- Quick Search: With a variety of filters, finding your files will be much simpler and faster;
- Category management: The app intelligently categorizes your files, making it easy during actions such as: sharing these files, copying them among other everyday tasks;
- File Sharing: No need for Bluetooth or internet, share your files to another device quickly and intuitively (all encrypted procedure, increasing security);
- Cloud Integration: Back up to Google Drive and choose which files to sync or not;
- And much more.
The app has a size of 12 MB, requires Android 5.0 or higher, having over 100,000,000 downloads.
4. Astro File Organizer (Metago)
Astro has a very nice look and many features. In the past his grade was much higher, however, as the year passed he fell in the Google Play rating ranking. Currently your users are rated 4.5. Here are some of its features:
- File management: With Astro you will be able to manage files from internal memory and SD card;
- Sharing: With several sharing protocols, Astro can be a very versatile alternative. The app has support for FTP, SFTP and SMB (Samba) network;
- Cloud Integration: Connect multiple cloud storage services and sync with your files;
- Multimedia Manager: This feature allows you to classify, categorize and organize your files;
- Uncompressor: Compress or unzip archives in ZIP and RAR formats;
- App Manager: Delete apps, move to memory from your SD, move to cloud, delete obsolete files among other features;
- Storage Analyzer: Astro is able to analyze space usage and points out unused apps. Giving you the ability to remove unused files or compress them to save as much of your storage as possible;
- And much more.
Android app size and minimum version vary by device, with over 50,000,000 downloads.
5. File Manager (Mobile, ASUSTek Computer Inc.)
Also known as File Explorer, ASUS File Manager is a much praised option among Android users. The beautiful, clean app has a rating of 4.4 in the Android store. Its main features are:
- Intelligent management: Search and manage your files from both internal memory and your SD card;
- Browse categories: Access your files in an organized and uncomplicated way, in order to enhance your searches and daily life;
- File Compression: Compress your files to save space, supported formats are ZIP and RAR;
- Sharing: Manipulate your files and share them either on LAN (LAN) or SMB (Samba) protocol;
- Multiple accounts and cloud integration: Back up or manage your cloud files from multiple services. ASUS WebStorage and others such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive are supported;
- Streaming Media: Access your images, music, documents, or videos from any of your cloud storage accounts without downloading to your device;
- And much more.
Android app size and minimum version vary by device, with over 100,000,000 downloads.
Feel free to test the solutions presented and see which one is best for you, share also on our Diolinux Plus forumThese are alternatives that you find interesting to other users. The guys like Android too (), if you use iOS and for some reason fell parachuted in this post, don't be shy. Also share on the forum some app you like and other users of the apple have to know.
See you in the next post Diolinux blog, SYSTEMATICALLY!
_____________________________________________________________________________ See any errors or would you like to add any suggestions to this article? Collaborate, click here.