One of the great advantages of Android is its possibility of customization, and when we talk about customization it is impossible not to remember the custom ROMs, which support and make the joy of many users who had their devices abandoned by their manufacturers and no longer receive updates.
Among the numerous custom ROMs available, one of the most notable is LineageOS, which is a successor to the acclaimed CyanogenMOD that was discontinued last year. LineageOS has the advantage of a large number of supported devices, even the Moto E which is already quite old still receives updates, thanks to LineageOS.
However, not everything is flowers, as a total of 30 smartphones will lose the official support offered by ROM. Among the devices that will no longer be supported, we have devices well known as; the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 5 Pro and the Motorola Moto G4. Below you can check the full list of 30 and see if yours is on that list.
LineageOS 15.1 Oreo:
- Moto Z2 Play (albus)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
LineageOS 14.1 Nougat:
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S (armani)
- Motorola Moto G4 / G4 Plus (athene)
- Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / Style (2015) (clark)
- LG G3 (AT&T) (d850)
- LG G3 (T-Mobile) (d851)
- LG G3 (Canada) (d852)
- LG G3 (International) (d855)
- LG G3 (Korea) (f400)
- LG G3 (Sprint) (ls990)
- Google Nexus 7 (LTE, 2013 version) (deb)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (LTE) (gts210ltexx)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (Wi-Fi) (gts210wifi)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (International 3G) (ha3g)
- Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (International 3G) (k3gxx)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) (lt03lte)
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G (mt2)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GSM) (n5100)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) (n5110)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (LTE) (n5120)
- OnePlus X (onyx)
- HTC 10 (SMP)
- Sony Xperia L (taoshan)
- LG G Pad 7.0 WiFi (v400)
- LG G Pad 7.0 (LTE) (v410)
- LG G Pad 8.3 (v500)
- LG G Pad X (T-Mobile) (v521)
For a device to remain on the list as compatible by ROM, some minimum requirements must be met. And one of those requirements is that devices that have been adapted for ROM must be checked and updated constantly by your team of developers. Recently, due to the failure to comply with these requirements, the smartphones mentioned in the list are no longer officially supported by LineageOS.
So, if your smartphone is on the list, the only thing to do is to look for another custom ROM available for it, or else wait for unofficial updates made available by an XDA member for any of those smartphones that have lost official support. Unfortunately this is the only solution.
Do you have a smartphone on the list that will no longer receive official support?