One of the most classic expansions of The Sims franchise is the one with a university theme. His first version appeared in The Sims 2 and, since then, fans of the PC simulation game have always expected him to show up in the latest games. Fortunately, The Sims 4 University Life did not take long to be released and brought news beyond the elements already expected.
So that you know absolutely everything about this package and decide if it is worth a place in your collection, we have put together a very detailed guide. Let's talk about everything The Sims 4 Vida Universitria offers and even some cheat codes that can be very useful. Check it out below!
The Sims 4 University Life
As the name of the package already indicates, The Sims 4 Vida Universitria focuses a lot on the student life of young adults in the game. You can choose one of the two colleges available in the world of Britechester depending on the course you want to take.
With that, it is necessary to go to classes, do their projects, carry out tests and try to do even extracurricular activities. All to ensure a successful graduation that will bring you an advantage when it comes to getting a job.
But how does it all work? We will explain better about each university, what courses they have and other aspects of expansion.
To start, the best thing to talk about is the two faculties that The Sims 4 Vida Universitria has to offer. It is the University of Britechester and the Foxbury Institute, which offer the same courses, but stand out in different areas.
This means that if you want to have a distinguished degree in a specific course, you will have to choose a university in particular. If you don't care about that, you can do a normal degree in any of them.
This is a very traditional college and the highlight is courses related to the arts and human sciences. Other than that, your Sim can join ?Britechester Spirit Crew? and participate in game days.
So you can meet new Sims, show off your new dance moves, or promote the pride of the school's mascot, the dragon. If you prefer, you can let your creativity flow and spend time with the ?Sociedade de Arte?.
Finally, there is also the option of participating in the ?Debaters Guild? if you like the idea of ??facing other students in heated debates. Enough to do between studies.
Graduation courses: Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology and Vilania
Distinction degree courses: Art History, Culinary Arts, Theater, Fine Arts, History, Letters and Literature and Communication.
The Foxbury Institute is much more modern, including the structure of its campus. For those interested, its outstanding courses are those in the areas of science and technology in general.
For those who enjoy more of the fun part of the university, you can join "Foxbury Spirit Guys". With them, you can wear school-colored clothes, drink from the juice keg, hold ping-pong championships with juice or go running without clothes.
If you prefer, you can join the ?Genie of Robotics? to build your own robots. You can even take your creation to the Utility Robot Contest and win a prize if you have the best of all.
Graduations: Art History, Culinary Arts, Theater, Fine Arts, History, Letters and Literature and Communication.
Distinction Grades: Biology, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Psychology and Vilania.
Paying for studies
As in real life, going to a university may not be the cheapest thing in the world. In fact, both schools require a good investment, so it is better to prepare very well before leaving for wanting to graduate.
In the case of The Sims 4 Vida Universitria, there are many scholarships and grants available to students with some academic and athletic talent, in addition to scholarships based on needs. Even if your Sim has already started his professional life and wants to advance his studies, he can get a career scholarship, for example.
You will be able to find out which bags are available through any computer within the game. Overall, having good grades or being good at athletic ability helps a lot.
It is worth mentioning that your Sims also have a chance to take out student loans. In this way, they can finance their education, but payments will start to fall as soon as they graduate.
Preparing everything at this stage in Sims' lives, so it might be a good idea to get a part-time job or have your parents save some money beforehand. Whatever is most comfortable for your style of play.
Living on campus
Fortunately, the colleges have several facilities for students to live inside or outside the campus. Decorating bedrooms, spending time with roommates, or playing ping pong are just a few of the new experiences your Sims can enjoy.
Around campus, you can have a study session in the living area or participate in activities after class with the Football and Electronic Sports teams. These are just some of the examples, as the place is full of things to do.
Just don't let all those distractions make you forget about classes, exams and presentations. You can even lose your scholarship if your grades start to drop, so dedication should never be left out.
We guarantee that this attempt to strike a balance between fun and responsibility creates many funny situations. Perfect for those who like to take screenshots or record games.
With an expansion focusing so much on studies to pursue a successful career, it is not surprising that new professional areas have been added. This time, we have no less than three new professions.
They are the careers in Education, Law and Engineering. Nothing is more perfect than the classic professions we thought of when someone went to college, right ?!
New objects, clothes and hair
There are also many new objects, furniture, clothing, hair and accessories for your Sims. They are very varied things, but many of them end up focusing on the university theme of the package itself.
One of the coolest new features is the bicycle, which you can use to get around the campus with ease. As we had not seen other types of transportation in The Sims 4, this is a great addition;
The Sims 4 Vida Universitria cheat codes
Cheat codes have always been available in games in the Sims franchise. They can either help you with extra money, or make the game more free in other ways.
In the case of The Sims 4 Vida Universitria, there are cheat codes for expansion. This can help you with small elements added with this DLC if you are having difficulties.
To start using the cheats, press the "Ctrl", "Shift" and "C" keys at the same time. This opens the field to enter the cheat codes. Start by entering ?testingcheats true? and press the Enter key so that all the next codes work correctly.
Just copy and paste each one and press the Enter key on the ones you want to use. It is worth mentioning that cheats are disabled when you close the game, but those that made fixed changes to Sims' lives will remain.
1. Obtain graduate degrees
As you can see, student life is not at all easy in The Sims 4 Vida Universitria. Therefore, we understand if you want to streamline your studies with the cheat codes to obtain your graduation diploma. Each course has its own code, so choose the right one:
- Obtain the Britechester Art History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBA
- Obtain the Britechester Art History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBAHonors
- Obtain the Foxbury Art History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBS
- Obtain the Foxbury Art History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBSHonors
- Get the Britechester Biology degree:Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBA
- They obtain the Britechester Biology diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBAHonors
- Obtain Foxbury's Biology degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Biology diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_BiologyDegreeBAHonors
- Get the Britechester Communication diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBA
- Obtain the Britechester Communication diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain the Foxbury Communication diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Communication diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBSHonors
- Obtain the Britechester Computer Science diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBA
- Obtain the Britechester Computer Science diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBAHonors
- Obtain Foxbury's Computer Science diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Computer Science diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ComputerScienceDegreeBSHonors
- Britechester culinary arts degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBA
- They obtain the Culinary Arts degree from Britechester with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBAHonors
- Earns Foxbury Culinary Arts degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Culinary Arts diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CulinaryArtsDegreeBSHonors
- Britechester's Drama Diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBA
- They obtain the diploma of Drama of Britechester with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain the Foxbury Drama diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Drama diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_DramaDegreeBSHonors
- Get the Britechester Economics degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBA
- They obtain the Britechester Economics diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBAHonors
- Obtain Foxbury's degree in Economics: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury degree in Economics with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_EconomicsDegreeBSHonors
- Britechester's Fine Arts degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBA
- They obtain the diploma of Fine Arts of Britechester with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain Foxbury's Fine Arts degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBS
- They obtain Foxbury's Fine Arts degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBSHonors
- Obtain the Britechester History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBA
- They obtain the Britechester History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain the Foxbury History diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury History diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_HistoryDegreeBSHonors
- They obtain the Britechester Language and Literature diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBA
- They obtain the Britechester Language and Literature diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain the Foxbury Language and Literature diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Language and Literature diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_LanguageAndLiteratureDegreeBSHonors
- Get the Britechester Physics degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBA
- Obtain the Britechester Physics degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBAHonors
- Obtain the Foxbury Physics degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Physics degree with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBSHonors
- Get the Britechester Psychology degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBA
- They obtain the Britechester Psychology degree with distinction:
- They obtain the Foxbury Psychology degree: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBS
- They obtain the Foxbury Psychology diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBSHonors
- Obtain the Vilechester Vilania diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBA
- They obtain the Vilechester diploma of Vilania with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBAHonors
- They obtain Foxbury's Vilania diploma: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBS
- They obtain Foxbury's Vilania diploma with distinction: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_VillainyDegreeBSHonors
2. Career promotions
If you don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get that desired promotion in the new expansion careers, you can use some cheat codes. This goes for both the new normal careers and the part-time jobs that have been added for students.
- Level up in the Education career: Careers.Promote Education
- Leveling up in the law career: Careers.Promote Engineering
- Leveling up in the Engineering career: Careers.Promote Law
- Level up in the Football Team Volunteer career: careers.promote careers_Volunteer_SoccerTeam
- Level up in the e-Sports Volunteer career: careers.promote career_Volunteer_E-Sports
3. Increase skills
As expected, there are also some new skills in The Sims 4 University Life. They are "Robtica" and "Research and debate", being possible to increase them up to level 10.
If you don't want to do this manually, just use a cheat code. Insert the codes below in your game, replacing only the number we put as ?[1-10]? with the number of the level you want to leave the skill in question.
- Increases the level of the Robotic skill: Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Robotics [1-10]
- Raises the level of the Research and Debate skill: Stats.set_Skill_level Major_ResearchDebate [1-10]
Did you like the tips?
Did you take advantage of our tips to learn more about The Sims 4 Vida Universitria? Don't forget to leave your comment telling us what you think and if you liked the expansion pack.
If you're feeling more creative with The Sims, be sure to check out our suggested tools for creating games for yourself too!