Copying caption text, links or Instagram comments is possible thanks to a simple trick. In Stories, the process requires the help of a website that uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, which reads text in images. AppGeek, of course, shows you how to do it all without complications. Check out!
How to copy caption text and Instagram comments
The following walkthrough works perfectly for copying any highlighted captions and comments. Therefore, the trick does not work with those who appear when touching See all x comments.
1. Open the Instagram app as usual and access the post you want to copy the caption or comment on. Touch the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the photo or video published;
2. In the menu that opens, go to Copy link;
3. Now, open the browser of your choice. Paste the link in the address bar and tap the key Enter the keyboard to access the post in the web version;
4. Select the caption or comments you want to copy. So, go on Copy.
- To select, touch a part of the text and hold your finger for a few seconds. The text will be highlighted. Drag your finger to select exactly the part you want to copy;
Now, just open the application in which you want to share the text. It can be Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Google Docs or wherever you want. To paste, just touch the text box for a few seconds and then the option appears Necklace.
How to copy Instagram link
The process for copying Instagram post links is the same for copying captions and comments. However, in step 3, you must select only the shared URL. Then just paste in your preferred browser and access the site.
If you want to copy a link from Bio, I must first click on it. The link will be opened in a browser specific to the Instagram app.
Then, tap on the three dots icon in the upper right corner, and in the menu that opens, go to Copy link. The same goes for links to sponsored and shared blog posts on Stories.
How to copy text from Instagram Stories
Copy text from Instagram Stories a little more complex. After all, the content published as a story is always an image or video. Depending on the reason for which you want to copy the text, there are simple alternatives that can also work well and meet your needs.
Through OCR technology
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition, which, in free translation, means optical character recognition. This technology is capable of extracting textual content from photos and, sometimes, even interpreting and translating it, if necessary.
It is worth noting that the formatting, that is, font type and color, most of the time, cannot be replicated. Just the textual content. Some sites do this for free, like the ones listed below.
All the tools listed work very similarly. To exemplify, we use Online OCR, which allows you to copy the text directly from the website, without having to download any files. Here's how to use it.
1. Access the Story you want to save and print it on the screen. To hide elements such as the profile of the publisher and the comment field, tap on the screen and hold, before making the capture;
2. Now, open the website with the OCR service of your choice. In our example, we use the Online OCR. Touch Archive to upload the image;
3. Select Files to use the image stored in the screenshot folder of your smartphone;
4. Choose the language in which the text is to be converted. Touch English and search for the desired language in the list. If you want Portuguese from Brazil, choose Brazilian;
5. Then, decide the format you want the file to be converted into. You can choose to .docx, .xlsx or .txt;.
6. Finally, go on To convert;
The converted content will be displayed in a text box on the website itself. Copy and paste the text wherever you want.
Instagram prank templates
They marked you in a joke and you don't know how to participate because you don't have the template? There are certainly more practical ways to play than copying and pasting the content of the game.
One of them requesting the unfilled image for the person who marked you or who posted a game in which you want to participate. Don't you dare to send inbox requesting? No problem! Usually, the author of the image puts the @ in their profile, which makes it easy to find the image.
To do this, touch the magnifying glass icon and search for the creator's user. When accessing the profile, you are likely to find the templates in Stories highlights. As is the case with the profile 2beekind, by designer Julia Reis.
If you do not find the game you are looking for in a highlight, check if there are others with more options. When you find it, tap on the screen and hold to hide the profile name and comment box from the image and then give a print screen.
If by chance, the desired layout does not have an @ or indicated that you did not find the image in the profile, you can use a last alternative. Print on an image that already has the answers given by someone. The less things you write, the better.
Do the story sharing process, until you get to the editing part. Then, touch the scribble cone at the top of the screen, then touch the dropper tool at the bottom.
Copy the background color and then cover other people's responses with the pen tool. Then write your answers over the top. a more time-consuming and laborious process, but at least no one is left out of any joke.
How to copy Instagram message (DM)
Copy a message received or sent by Direct Message on Instagram to the simplest of our list. After all, the app's native feature is not necessary to resort to any trick or tip.
Discover how to recover deleted direct Instagram messages
To do this, open the private chat with the person or group you want to copy the text from. Touch the message and hold for a few seconds. In the menu that appears, go to Copy. Then just stick it where you want.
Pay attention to copyright
Before sharing the content written by someone, be sure to ask the author for permission to publish. Sharing photos, videos or even snippets of conversations without the consent of the creator or whoever participates can be a crime.