According to information obtained by the BGR with a source close to Apple, sales of the iPhone 4 CDMA on Verizon Wireless may be slightly below both Ma and operator expectations.
Taking into account estimated sales of five Apple Retail Stores in the United States, two of them with a significant movement of visitors, the BGR found the following numbers in the first five days of availability of the new device:
- Thursday (10/2):Verizon = 909 | AT&T = 539
- Friday (11/2): Verizon = 916 | AT&T = 680
- Saturday (12/2): Verizon = 660 | AT&T = 471
- Sunday (2/13): Verizon = 796 | AT&T = 701
- Monday (2/14): Verizon = 711 | AT&T = 618
The report also states, citing an anonymous source, that the total number of handsets sold during the pre-sale phase was 550,000. Among them:
- 30% were Android users;
- 25% were BlackBerry users;
- Only 14% owned AT&T iPhones.
The remaining 31% of the survey did not want to answer, did not have another smartphone or did not have another phone before purchasing their iPhone 4 at Verizon.
(via 9 to 5 Mac)