Watching Netflix with friends, even at a distance, is possible thanks to the extensive Netflix Party. Available for Google Chrome, the plugin allows you to synchronize the participants' players, so that everyone can watch a movie or series at the same time.
In the right corner of the screen, a chat is available, through which it is possible to chat by text. Even away from each other, they can comment on the spot, on the best scenes or plot twists.
AppGeek explains how to use Netflix Party to watch Netflix with friends in real time.
How to use Netflix Party
1. Open Google Chrome and access the Netflix Party extension page on the Chrome Web Store. click in Use in Chrome and in the window that opens, confirm the download at Add extension;
2. Now, access the Netflix website through Chrome. If you are not logged in, log into your account. Then, open the movie or series you want to watch with your friends and play the video;
3. Then touch the extension icon, a red NP next to the address bar. So click the button Start the Party;
- If you check the box Only I have control, will prevent other meeting participants from being able to control actions on the video, such as pausing, playing, advancing, etc.
4. A link will be generated. Copy and share with your friends with whom you want to watch Netflix together;
- Note that, on the right side of the screen, a chat appears, through which you can comment on the film or episode;
5. When opening the link, your friends need to login to their own Netflix accounts, if they are not logged in. To access the room to which they were invited, they must also click on the Netflix Party icon, next to the address bar.
The video control is now integrated. If a person pauses, the player will stop for all participants. If a chat member advances or returns to the progress bar, so will all users in the room at the same time.
On the right side of the screen, chat is available, where you can comment on the movie or series by text message. All in real time, while watching together, even from a distance.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, a country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing serial marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but WhatsApp saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.