After many tests, Apple today released the final versions of the iOS 10.2 (compilation 14C92), from watchOS 3.1.1 (14S6883) and the tvOS 10.1 (14U593) for all users!
On iOS, the news is due to the arrival of new emojis, new background images and full-screen animations in iMessage, a new feature that dials an emergency number (configured by you) when the Home button (Home) pressed five times, support tool Single Sign-on, improvements to the Apple Music interface, in addition to the arrival of the new TV application. Able to include that battery diagnostic tool as well.
Here's the changelog official and complete:
IOS 10.2 introduces new features, including the TV app (US only), a new, unified experience for accessing TV shows and movies across multiple video apps. The emojis have been beautifully redesigned to reveal even more details and more than 100 new emojis have been added, including new faces, foods, animals, sports and professions. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
- Use Up Next to see the movies and programs being watched and pick up where you left off;
- Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows at Watch Now;
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases at Store;
- Access your iTunes purchases and rentals at Library.
- Beautifully redesigned emojis that reveal even more details;
- More than 100 new emojis have been added, including new faces, foods, animals, sports and professions.
- Improves stabilization and has a faster projection rate than Live Photos;
- Improves the accuracy of grouping similar photos of the same person in the People album;
- Corrects an issue where Memories could generate a photo memory from screenshots, whiteboards or receipts;
- Corrects an issue where the camera's zoom was still magnified after returning from the Camera Roll on the iPhone 7 Plus;
- Additional support for RAW digital cameras.
- Adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages;
- Corrects an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from being displayed in Messaging.
- Swipe your finger up on the Now Playing screen to access Play, Repeat and Following more easily;
- Choose how to sort Playlists, Albums and Music in the Library.
- Stories saved for later now appear in the section Saved;
- The best paid stories of subscribed channels now appear in a section dedicated to that in For You;
- Now it's even easier to go to the next story: swipe your left finger or tap Next Story when reading.
- Corrects an issue that caused the Move sheet to be kept after archiving a Mail message;
- Addresses a problem with activating to copy and paste when pressing for longer in Mail;
- Corrects an issue where the wrong message was selected after deleting a conversation from Mail.
- Adds support for BraillePen14 in VoiceOver;
- Corrects an issue where the braille could be switched unexpectedly with VoiceOver;
- Corrects an issue where Siri's enhanced voices were sometimes unavailable in VoiceOver;
- Corrects an issue where VoiceOver users could not reorder items in lists;
- Corrects an issue where Assistive Control could occasionally not delete Voicemails.
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds support for notification of HomeKit accessories, including sensors for curtains and blinds, occupancy, movement, door / window, smoke, carbon monoxide and water leakage;
- Adds support for notification of HomeKit accessories when software updates are available for HomeKit accessories;
- Improves Bluetooth performance and connectivity with third-party accessories;
- Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime participants to appear out of focus;
- Corrects an issue that could cause FaceTime links to appear with the wrong aspect ratio and orientation;
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Visual Voicemails were reproduced completely;
- Fixes an issue in the Safari Reader that could cause articles to open with empty pages;
- Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly after marking an item as read in the Reading List.
WatchOS 3.1.1 did not bring any features worth mentioning (only general improvements / bug fixes). Your changelog official:
- Corrects an issue that could prevent contact names from appearing in the Messages app and in notifications;
- Corrects an issue that could influence the ability to respond to notifications;
- Resolves an issue where the stock market complication could not be updated in the style of the watch;
- Corrects an issue that could prevent Activity circles from displaying in Activity watch styles;
- Corrects an issue that prevented hands in an analog watch style from appearing after changing the temperature unit in the Tempo app;
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Maps app to remain open after the navigation is finished;
- Resolves an issue where the incorrect date could be displayed in the monthly view of the Calendar app.
J tvOS 10.1, as well as iGadgets, won the long-awaited (in the United States) feature Single Sign-on and the new TV app. For owners of third generation Apple TVs, version 8.4.2 (build 12H606) of their operating system also came out today.
How to update
IOS 10.2 can be downloaded from the compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch (just go to General Software Update Settings). If you prefer, you can also download the update via iTunes (in this case, connect the device to your Mac / PC, open iTunes and click on the ?Search for Update? button, this, of course, if an alert warning about the new version does not appear like this that you already expect the iGadget on the computer).
There is also the option to download the iOS 10.2 build directly from Apple's servers and install it manually. To do this, download the version compatible with your device (links below), connect the device to your Mac / PC, open iTunes, go to Summary and click the Search for Update button while holding the key (Option). In the window that opens, navigate to the downloaded file and select it.
To download and install watchOS 3.3.1, go to the Watch application on your iPhone and, in the ?My Watch? tab, go to General Software Update. It is important to note that, to install, the watch must necessarily be connected to power (recharging), with more than 50% battery and close to your iPhone.
Installing tvOS 10.1 only requires that, on the Apple TV system itself, you go Software Update System Settings. If you wanted, you can also connect to your set-top box to your Mac / PC and download the update via iTunes or install the compilation manually (IPSW) in the same way as possible with iOS, following the same guidance.
Always remembering that backup is always even more important before updating systems. ?
Update by Rafael Fischmann · 12/12/2016 s 17:29
For us, it wouldn?t make sense to leave all systems except the macOS Sierra 10.12.2 therefore, we published the post citing him and awaiting its propagation by Apple's servers, which usually takes a little while.
However, so far nothing and look that Apple itself quoted him in this post today. We will update the article again when the update is actually available.
Update II, by Rafael Fischmann · 12/12/2016 s 17:36
Another indication of strangeness about the non-release of macOS Sierra 10.12.2: now the Xcode 8.2 (build 8C38), which includes Swift 3 and SDKs for iOS 10.2, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.1 and (look at) macOS Sierra 10.12.2.
Among his novelties are new customization actions for the Touch Bar of the new MacBook Pro, installation of apps via drag & drop (drag & drop) in the Simulator, bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 11.3.1 (7.8 GB) Requires macOS 10.14.4 or superior
Update III, by Rafael Fischmann · 12/12/2016 s 19:55
Apple has published support articles with security patches for iOS 10.2, watchOS 3.1.1 and tvOS 10.1 to anyone who is interested.
Update IV · 12/14/2016 s 18:25
Apple has temporarily removed watchOS 3.1.1 due to more information issues in this article.