Apple announced today in anticipation of the event National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), which begins tomorrow in Anaheim (California, United States) to launch significant new versions of the GarageBand for iOS and Logic Pro X for macOS.
GarageBand 2.2 for iOS brings new features to the powerful creative synthesizer Alchemy and a new sound browser that makes it easy to find instruments and patches.
- Play and record using the new Touch Alchemy Instrument, with over 150 patches synthesizer*;
- Quickly find Touch Instruments and patches with the revamped sound browser;
- Capture your voice or instrument and apply studio-quality effects, such as tonal correction, distortion and delay, with the new Audio Recorder;
- Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive;
- Add effects from other manufacturers using the Extenses Audio Unit**;
- Record multiple times over any section of a song and choose your favorite using Multilayer Recording;
- Play your music with Chord Bars from any keyboard instrument;
- Add comments or lyrics ideas to your music with the built-in notebook;
- Remotely add new tracks to a Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud;
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
(*) The Alchemy synthesizer is available for iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4.(**) Requires third-party compatible Extenses Audio Unit instrument apps, obtained from the App Store.
Logic Pro X users can now remotely add tracks to their Logic sessions using iPhones / iPads, and can send a special version of Logic projects to iCloud that is compatible with GarageBand. In other words, the two now "talk" in two ways.
Touch Bar support on MacBook Pro
- Quickly view the entire project and use taps to navigate the timeline overview;
- Adjustment Smart Controls on the selected track to improve the sound of instruments and effects;
- Use a musical keyboard with piano keys or scale mode to play and record software instruments;
- Activate drum pads to create beats while controlling the speed and repetition of notes;
- Use a set of customizable key commands to access your favorite shortcuts.
- The clearer interface improves readability in a variety of lighting conditions;
- The expanded color palette offers 24 more colors to identify regions, tracks and notes;
- Automatic horizontal zoom helps keep everything in one view;
- The new region editing design shows the waveform of the entire audio file when cropping.
- Track Alternatives allow you to create and switch between playlists of regions and issues on a trail;
- Use Processing-based Selection to process any combination of effect plugins in an audio selection;
- The real stereo balance provides greater control and discrete handling of stereo signals;
- Apply fading in several regions at the same time;
- 64-bit summation mechanism;
- Use 192 additional buses.
- The Share option in GarageBand allows the remote addition of new tracks to the Logic project from the iPhone or iPad via iCloud;
- MIDI plugins can be used to control plug-in parameters creatively;
- Assign Software Instruments directly as side chain sources;
- Import Music XML files.
Logic Pro X 10.3 for macOS becomes even more powerful with a modernized interface (more "Flat"), new features for professionals and Touch Bar support for the new MacBook Pro.
In addition, general pro compatibility updates were also released today GarageBand for macOS and pro Logic Remote for iOS:
- Adds support for Logic Remote Version 1.3.1 and GarageBand version 2.2 for iOS.
- Improves the reliability of WiFi connections to the Mac;
- Keyboard with optional scale modes is now available on the iPhone.
All of this is already available on the (Mac) App Store for purchase / download.