contador web Saltar al contenido

Sales of iPhones X surpassed those of models 8 and 8 Plus in its first month

This year, Apple brought something new to its line of devices by launching three new smartphones: the iPhone 8 it's the 8 Plus, which were basically the supporting actors, and the expected iPhone X.

Since the first two were launched with a month and a few days in advance, many surveys and speculations stated that their sales were weak and that one of the factors for that would be the wait for X. Since a month has passed since the launch of the device that celebrates the tenth anniversary of the iPhone, nothing is fairer than comparing the sales figures of the three now, even if not officially.

THE Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) conducted a survey analyzing the first 30 days after the launch of the devices. As can be seen in the image below, in the first month of the iPhone X, he managed to get 30% of sales in that period. In its first month, the iPhone 8 managed 23%, the iPhone 8 Plus reached 17%; together, they totaled 40%.

If the percentage of new devices seems small, just add the three devices launched this year to see that they represent 70% of sales, which is exactly the same number that the iPhones 7 and 7 Plus achieved last year. The most intriguing part, however, is that even after one year of launching these devices, the two remain firm and strong, representing 20% ??of the total sales of Ma's devices.

CIRP iPhone X in the first 30 days

By launching three smartphones this year, Apple made it a little harder to compare sales, since it had never done so before. Still, the CIRP said it expected more from the iPhone X because of the great publicity surrounding it.

It is difficult to say whether the iPhone X met, exceeded or frustrated expectations, as Apple has never released a phone in this way before. Based on the great publicity, we suspect some disappointment, with the iPhone X accounting for less than a third of U.S. unit sales immediately after the launch. Of course, inventory constraints may have reduced sales, although inventories now appear to be plentiful.

Josh Lowitz, partner and co-founder of CIRP.

In addition, CIRP went so far as to say that, perhaps, many consumers waited for the launch of the X to decide which of the devices met their demands and, finally, many came to the conclusion that the simplest / cheapest models (either the 8 or the 8 Plus) would satisfy them.

As always, we will need to wait for the financial results with Apple's official figures, which are likely to be released only in late January, before drawing any conclusions. Still, it is worth remembering that it does not disclose sales numbers separated by models, only the total of iPhones sold in the period.

via 9to5Mac