Instagram still doesn?t allow you to repost third-party stories natively. Therefore, it is necessary to use third-party apps that offer the functionality for free.
Despite this, the social network offers its own options for reposting old stories, those in which it was mentioned and feed publications. AppGeek explains the step-by-step how to do each of these reposts in Instagram stories.
Attention: it is important to just be aware of the content that will be shared. Do not save or share posts without the authorization of the authors and always assign the due credits.
How to repost someone else's stories on Instagram
Instagram does not allow you to repost other people's stories natively. However, there are a number of apps that allow you to download videos and photos from the platform and then share them as you prefer.
In this tutorial, we chose to use the Repost Story for Instagram app, available for iOS under the name ReShare Story for Instagram.
1. Download Repost Story for Instagram on your Android phone or iPhone;
2. Open the app and log in to your Instagram account. Rest assured that the login is not done within the application, but redirected to the website of the social network's web version;
3. The latest stories posted by those you follow will appear in a list. Touch the profile of the user who wants to share the publication;
- If you prefer, tap on the magnifying glass icon to search by user name. In this case, even profiles that you do not follow are displayed.
4. At the top of the screen are the stories of the person on the air. Below are the highlights and, soon after, the posts made in the feed. Touch the content you want to repost;
5. The desired video or photo will be opened. V Save and Copy Caption to download it in the gallery of your smartphone;
6. Now, open Instagram and tap on a camera icon in the upper left corner of the screen to publish the story;
7. Drag your finger from bottom to top to access the gallery of the most recent files available on your phone's gallery;
8. See that the content downloaded by Repost Story for Instagram Story appears right at the top. Tap on it to add it to your story;
- If the desired video or photo is not displayed, tap on the arrow next to Gallery and choose the folder RepostStory.
9. Make the desired edits. It is possible to insert texts, emojis, GIFs, stickers, make freehand drawing, among other options. We suggest that you mark the author of the original post, in order to give him due credits;
10. Finalize the post at Your story.
How to mention one in your stories
As we said, when sharing the Story of someone recommends giving credits to the profile that originally published it. Make it quite simple.
When you reach step 9 of the tutorial above, tap on the option Aa to access the text features. Then type @ and then immediately, without space, the profile you want to mark. Like for example, @kimkardashian, if you want to mark the star of reality shows.
While typing the name of the profile, the social network will display images of users compatible with the word in formation. When you find the one you want, tap on it.
Note that a message appears next, asking if you want to allow the people you mention to add your post to their stories. If you do not want to authorize, deselect the key on the side, which will change from blue to gray.
How to repost stories I was mentioned in
Instagram allows you to natively repost third-party stories where your profile was mentioned. However, if the person has a closed profile, only their mutual friends will be able to see this repost. If it is open, everyone can view the publication.
1. Open Instagram and tap on a paper plane icon to see your private messages;
- When your profile is marked in a story, a private message automatically notifies you of the mention;
2. Access the message that says that it was marked in a post:
3. Touch Add this to your story. If, by any chance, you want to see the publication you mentioned first, tap on the thumbnail to open it. A button is also available in the publication itself Add this to your story;
4. If you want, make the desired editions, including images, text, polls, among other available resources. In that case, it is not necessary to give credit to the original post. Instagram automatically include the author.
5. Finalize the publication in Your story.
How to repost feed posts in Stories
Reposting feed publications in stories is also a feature natively offered by Instagram. For this, I need the post to have been made by you or by an account with a public profile (open).
It is worth noting that, in the case of videos, a shortcut is shared to access the feed where the film is available. That is, it is not possible to watch it directly from your stories.
1. Open Instagram and access the post you want to republish in your story;
2. Touch the icon of a paper plane, located just below the photo or video;
3. In the menu that opens, go to Add video / publication to your story;
4. Make the edits you want. It is possible to include images, polls, questions, text and all other existing options for the stories originally created by you. Here, the credit will also be automatically assigned by Instagram;
5. Touch Your story to complete the publication.
How to repost old stories
Instagram saves your published stories to a file in the app itself. In it, you can find all your posts already made.
1. Open Instagram and tap on your profile photo in the bottom right corner of the screen;
2. V in the cone formed by three lines on the upper right side;
3. Access the option To file;
4. Then, you can view your Stories archive. Tap on the post you want to republish;
- If you're not seeing your stories, but your feed posts, tap Publication archivesat the top of the screen. A menu will then be displayed where you can see the option Stories archive.
5. Comes To share, at the bottom of the screen,
6. Make the edits you want in the publication and finish the post in Your Story.
I don't have any old stories in the archive. Why?
If no old story was shown when performing the step-by-step above, because you do not have the option Save in items archived in the app settings enabled. To activate, open Instagram and tap on your profile photo in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Then touch the cone formed by three lines and Settings. Then just follow the path: Privacy Story Activate the switch on Save enabled items (if it is gray, it is disabled).
Only stories made from the activation that will be stored in the file.