After many, many tests, Apple today made available to all users of iPhones / iPads / iPods touch, Macs, Apple Watches and Apple TVs the final versions of their latest operating systems. Just them: iOS 11.2.5 (build 15D60), macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D47), watchOS 4.2.2 (15S542) and tvOS 11.2.5 (15K552).
Here are the release notes for the systems, so you know what has changed:
IOS 11.2.5 includes compatibility with HomePod and introduces Siri news reading (in the USA, UK and Australia only). This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Automatically configure and transfer your IDApple, AppleMusic, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
News with Siri
- Siri can now read news. Just ask "And Siri, read the news". You can also request specific categories of news, including sports, economics or music.
Other improvements and fixes
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list.
- Corrects an issue that caused Mail notifications on some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Locked screen when unlocking iPhoneX with FaceID.
- Addresses an issue that could cause conversations in the Messages app to be temporarily listed out of order.
- Corrects an issue in CarPlay where the controls in the Playing section stopped responding after multiple track changes.
- Adds the ability for VoiceOver to announce AirPods' playback destinations and battery level.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
The update for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 improves Mac security and stability, and is recommended for all users.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Messages conversation list to be temporarily out of order.
This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
Apple doesn't usually advertise tvOS, however.
In the case of iOS, to update just go to General Software Update Settings. For those who prefer to download the IPSW files directly, here are the appropriate direct links to download:
In the case of macOS, just open the Mac App Store, go to the Updates tab and install. If you prefer, you can manually download the file (Delta or Combo) directly through the Apple website.
To update your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone and go to General Software Update. Before proceeding, make sure that your Apple Watch has at least 50% battery remaining and that it is also connected to power.
Finally, to make the update on your fourth generation Apple TV or on your Apple TV 4K, open the Settings app, go to System and then Software Update. Everything done OTA (over-the-air), that is, by air; the time for the update to be applied depends mainly on your internet connection.
Update by Rafael Fischmann Jan 23, 2018 at 5:10 pm
In addition to macOS 10.13.3, Security Update 2018-001 was also released for users of macOS Sierra It's from OS X El Capitan. All include the same security fixes, including a kernel related vulnerability Meltdown.
Update II, by Rafael Fischmann Jan 23, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Apple has also published a support article with security fixes brought by iOS 11.2.5. Among them, there is the one referring to the Messages app crashing.
Update III, by Rafael Fischmann Jan 23, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Today, version 5.5 of the macOS Server, with Profile Manager reliability and performance improvements, as well as NetBoot bug fixes.
Update IV, by Rafael Fischmann Jan 23, 2018 at 20:40
Another update in the area today, this time the iTunes 12.7.3 which also gains support for HomePod. The new version is now available on the Mac App Store or downloadable from the Apple website.
Update V 01/23/2018 s 22:24
For those interested, the updates commented on in this article are now available for download on the Apple website including a specific for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 for iMac Pro: