After many tests and beta versions, Apple is today releasing the iOS 11.3 (final compilation 15E216) she had already made available, yesterday, a build specific to the new 9.7-inch iPad that got to confuse us, the watchOS 4.3 (15Q212) and the tvOS 11.3 (15L211) for all users.
In addition, the company also made available first software update for HomePod (11.3.0, compilation 15E217) and the final version of Xcode 9.3 (9E145) for developers.
As we already highlighted at the time of the tests, among the new features of iOS 11.3 is the long awaited feature of Battery Health (still considered beta).
In addition, we have new Animojis, medical records in the Sade app (Health), ARKit 1.5, version number and size of app downloads in the Updates tab of the App Store, new privacy alert icon, folders in Safari favorites that now show thumbnails of websites, new practical menu when we touch the name of the music being played on Apple Music, possibility to rate app reviews by most useful, most favorable, most critical or most recent, approval of purchases within Family Sharing with Face ID on iPhone X and removal of friends individually by Game Center . In the United States, there is also a new Business Chat integrated with Messaging.
Two great news came to appear in beta compilations, but they are not yet ready: I ??speak of the awaited Messages in iCloud (for storage of all the history of messages in the cloud, with full synchronization between devices) and AirPlay 2 (which will make it possible, among others , interoperability between multiple HomePods in the same environment).
Here are the full iOS 11.3 release notes:
IOS 11.3 introduces new features, including ARKit 1.5 with compatibility for more immersive augmented reality experiences, iPhone Battery Health (Beta), new Animojis for iPhoneX users and more. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
- ARKit 1.5 allows developers to place digital objects on vertical surfaces such as walls and doors, in addition to horizontal surfaces
- Adds compatibility to detect and embed images as movie posters in Augmented Reality experiments
- Compatible with higher resolution camera viewing in the real world when using Augmented Reality experiments
- IPhone Battery Health (Beta)
- Displays information about the maximum battery capacity of the iPhone and the maximum performance capacity
- Indicates whether the power management feature, which dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent unexpected shutdowns, is enabled and includes the option to disable it
- Recommends whether the battery needs to be replaced
- For more information on batteries and performance, visit this website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387
- IPad load management
- Preserves battery health when the iPad is connected to power for long periods of time, such as at kiosks, point of sale systems or stored at charging stations
- Introduces four new Animojis on iPhoneX: lion, bear, dragon and skull
- When Apple requests the use of your personal information, a icon will now appear along with a link to detailed information that explains how your data will be used and protected
- Now available in Brazil and Mexico
- Use the Following section to see the movies and TV shows you're watching and pick up where you left off
- Get recommendations on the best news in the Watch Now section
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store
- Play all items you previously purchased and rented on iTunes in the Library
- Access information about sports in Brazil, including results, schedule, standings and rankings for Series A of Brazilian football and more than 100 leagues around the world
- Features a new video clip experience, including an updated Video clip section with exclusive video playlists
- Find friends who have similar interests using up-to-date suggestions on AppleMusic that reveal people's favorite genres and the mutual friends who follow them
- Now Top Stories always appear first in the seo For You
- Watch the Top Videos selected by the News editors
- Adds the possibility to sort customer opinions on product pages by Most Helpful, Least Favorable or Most Recent
- Improves information on the Updates tab, including the app version and file size
- Helps protect privacy by using Autocomplete usernames and passwords only after selecting them in a web form field
- Includes notices in Safari's Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on unencrypted web pages
- Autocomplete usernames and passwords are now available on web views within apps
- Shared articles for Safari Mail are now formatted using the default Reader mode, when the Reader is available
- The folders in the Preferred section now show the favorite icons contained in the folder
- Adds two new Shuangpin keyboard layouts
- Adds compatibility for connected hardware keyboards using the Turkish F layout
- Enhances Chinese and Japanese keyboards to offer better reachability on 4.7 and 5.5 inch devices
- Allows you to return to the keyboard after dictating with just one touch
- Addresses an issue where automatic correction could misspell certain words with capital letters
- Fixes an issue on iPadPro that prevented the Smart Keyboard for iPad from working after connecting to a captive Wi-Fi hotspot
- Fixes an issue that could cause the Thai keyboard to switch incorrectly to the numeric layout in horizontal mode
- The AppStore adds accessibility compatibility for large, bold text, allowing you to customize the view
- Inverso Inteligente adds compatibility with images on the web and in Mail messages
- Improves the RTT experience and adds RTT compatibility for T-Mobile
- Improves the experience of switching between apps on the iPad for VoiceOver and Assistive Control users
- Addresses an issue where VoiceOver incorrectly described the status of Bluetooth and warnings on icons
- Corrects an issue where the end call button might not appear in the Phone app when using VoiceOver
- Addresses an issue where it was not possible to access the app's rating within the app with VoiceOver
- Corrects an issue when using the Listen to Live feature that could distort audio playback
Other improvements and fixes
- Introduces compatibility with the AML standard that provides more accurate location data to emergency services when SOS is triggered (in compatible countries)
- Adds compatibility with software authentication as a new way for developers to create and activate accessories compatible with HomeKit
- The Podcasts app now plays episodes with just one touch, and you can tap Details to get more information about each episode
- Improves search performance for users with long notes in the Contacts app
- Improves Handoff and Universal Transfer area performance when both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network
- Corrects an issue that could prevent incoming calls from awakening the screen
- Addresses an issue that could delay or prevent VisualVoicemail from playing
- Addresses an issue that prevented web links from opening in the Messaging app
- Fixes an issue that could prevent users from returning to Mail after previewing a message attachment
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail notifications to reappear on the Locked screen after being discarded
- Addresses an issue that could cause times and notifications to disappear from the Locked Screen
- Addresses an issue that prevented parents from using FaceID to approve Request to Buy requests
- Corrects an issue in the Weather app where current weather conditions could not be updated
- Corrects an issue where contacts could not be synchronized with a car's phonebook when connecting via Bluetooth
- Addresses an issue that could prevent audio apps from playing in cars when the app was in the background
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website: support.apple.com/en-us/HT1222
The simplest way to update your iDevice by the device itself. To do this, go to General Software Update Settings; the update for iOS 11.3 should be listed l. Just follow the instructions and in a few minutes, the whole process will be completed.
You can also install iOS 11.3 via iTunes. Just connect your device to your Mac / PC and open the software that, most likely, the iOS 11.3 availability notice appears immediately. If not, you should go to Summary, inside the page of the device, and click the Search for Updates button. Then, just follow the instructions on the computer screen and wait for the process to be completed.
The third method, the least used, involves downloading the system update directly to your computer and applying the update via iTunes. This can be a good option if you have multiple devices at home in this case, downloading just one file will serve to update all, which saves time and bandwidth. To complete the process, simply download the update package for your device:
In the new version of the Apple watch operating system, we have the possibility of controlling the songs on the iPhone by the watch, and it is even possible to play, via AirPlay, the iPhone music for some speaker by the watch, a new animation when you put the Watch to recharge, Headboard Mode even in portrait orientation (due to AirPower, which carries the watch in that position) and Activity circles for the day on the Siri display.
The full release notes for watchOS 4.3 you see below:
About this update:
- Control volume and playback on the HomePod using your Apple Watch
- Restores the ability to control music on the iPhone
- Use any guidance in the Headboard loading mode
- Siri's display now shows the progress of Activity circles and when new songs are added to Apple Music selections
- Addresses an issue where Activity achievements were incorrectly awarded to some users
- Corrects an issue where Siri's music commands did not work correctly on certain audio devices
Some features may not be available on all devices, countries or regions. For more information, visit: https://www.apple.com/us/watchos/feature-availability/To obtain information about the security content of this update, visit this site: https://support.apple.com/ en / HT201222
Before starting to download watchOS 4, make sure your Apple Watch has at least 50% battery remaining. When the update is actually going to be applied, I need it to be connected to power. You don't have to worry about backup, as this is done automatically on your iPhone. But keep in mind that these Watch updates take a long time, so sit back and relax. ?
Already on Apple TV, the news is due to the automatic exchange of the frame rate on the Apple TV of the fourth generation feature previously limited to Apple TV 4K, the arrival of the ?Apple TV? application and, believe me, Siri's debut in Portuguese on set-top box da Ma (reader's tip Matt Cardoso)!
With Siri on Apple TV 4K and fourth generation Apple TV, we can now search for movies, shows, music, apps and more, using only our voice!
To update your Apple TV, there is no mystery: open the Settings app, go to System and then Software Update. Everything done OTA (over-the-air), that is, by air; the time for the update to be applied depends mainly on your internet connection.
First update to HomePod
Yes, the Apple speaker received its first update today as well. But, unfortunately, he is not encouraging.
According to the release notes, the update brings only ?general stabilization and quality improvements?.
To update, just open the Home application with iOS 11.3 already installed, press (3D Touch) the HomePod square, touch ?Details? and then ?Download and Install?.