Sony's design heritage is unquestionable, the company has received several design awards over the years, including for its Xperia smartphones.
This year is no different, as Sony won the iF Design Award 2020 for Xperia 1, the main smartphone of the company of 2019.
In addition to the Sony smartphone, several other smartphones were awarded. Among the winning designs of the iF Design Award 2020 are the following models:
- From Xiaomi, we have the Xiaomi MIX Alpha, Redmi K20 Pro (company sub-brand) and Blackshark 2 Pro (smartphone for the gamer audience), in addition to the Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9 SE and Mi 9 Transparent Edition.
- From Google, the winners were Pixel 3a and 3a XL.
- Samsung had an entire series awarded after a change in its design, we are talking about the Galaxy M line, as well as the Galaxy Note line, which includes both Note 10 and 10 Plus phablets, in addition to the Galaxy A80 and Galaxy Fold.
- From Meizu, the Meizu Zero.
- Motorola was also awarded the One line models, including One Vision, One Action and One Zoom.
- LG with the G8, G8X with its dual screen and V50.
- Nokia with Nokia 7.2
- OnePlus with its OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro.
- ASUS with the Zenfone 6 and its flip camera among several others.
It is interesting how the iF Design Award 2020 awards so many products in the same category. We definitely have to agree that Sony has changed its design and as a result has drawn a lot of attention from users and media professionals.
The same happened with Xiaomi's Mi Mix Alpha with its screen that "hugs" more than 80% of the smartphone's body and the Zenfone 6 flip camera which, although not new in the concept, brought newness in the implementation, as it also happened with the Galaxy A80.
We recommend reading: