Leading smartphone manufacturers are working hard to deliver the best fast charging technology. Currently, the Oppo Reno Ace is the device that delivers the greatest power in the market, totaling 65W.
However, we know that Xiaomi has been striving to exceed that figure, given that last year it presented a 100W fast charging technology, which according to a video published by the company, can "fill" a 4,000 mAh battery in just 17 minutes.
Now, Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi, has revealed more details about this technology, which has been called "Super Charge Turbo". The executive spoke about the main challenges of implementing such a fast shipment in the market:
- Loss of battery capacity: Lu Weibing said that, with a power of 100W, the battery will wear out more quickly. Capacity loss is estimated to be 20% compared to 30W technology. This would cause a 5,000 mAh battery to deliver only 4,000 mAh.
- Technology architecture: Not many details have been revealed about this aspect, but the Xiaomi president said that the 100W requires a very sophisticated charging scheme.
- Performance: Working on this technology, the Chinese manufacturer has been planning to make it not only accessible, but also able to guarantee a long and durable loading time.
- Security: The executive said Xiaomi intends to develop several security features to prevent overheating of internal components.
- Loading scenarios: Xiaomi is also studying the possibility of implementing the 100W capacity in wireless charging.
Finishing his speech, Lu Weibing made a point of mentioning that the company may start mass production of this technology in the near future, but did not reveal detailed information about the schedule.
We recommend reading: