In addition to most powerful smartphone in the world, Motorola also announced at CES its first tablet that incorporates the new Android 3.0 Honeycomb. The device is equipped with a dual-core processor but does not yet have a commercial date.
In December 2010, the American company promoted a buzz in the market by launching a promotional teaser which highlighted the ?superiority? of its product with the current Tablets, such as Apple's iPad and Samsung's Galaxy Tab.
According to the company, Xoom is the first tablet to connect to the new Google Mobile Innovation service, which offers books, music and movies anytime and anywhere, all in high definition optimized for the 10.1-inch widescreen display ( 16: 9).
Other details of the Tablet:
- 10.1 inch (1280 × 800/16: 9) widescreen display, perfect for viewing HD video in landscape mode and thin enough for comfortable two-handed typing when used in portrait mode;
- The most compact 10.1 inch tablet on the market, with video viewing area 51% larger than that of its main competitor;
- Unique docking station options, which allow high definition video streaming to televisions and connection to computer accessories, such as mouse and keyboard;
- Capable of recording videos in HD and with a 5 MP high definition camera for viewing and instant editing of videos and photos;
- Can be upgraded to 4G LTE.
Motorola also reports that it is already working to expand the ecosystem created with the launch of the Motorola Xoom. The company says it collaborates with partners to develop innovative applications in various categories, including games, entertainment and productivity, optimizing its applications for this new category of mobile computing device.