Samsung brings to the Brazilian market its most complete Droid Phone: the Galaxy S.
Running Android 2.1 version, the Galaxy S (i9000) features a 5MP camera, 4.0 ?Super AMOLED screen and 800 × 480 pixel resolution, in addition to TouchWiz 3.0 technology, which allows for an intuitive and face-to-face interface of the user.
It also has an HD recorder and player, which supports, among others, the MP4, DivX XviD and WMV formats, 3G access, Wi-Fi router, SWYPE handwriting recognition, in addition to an interface focused on the experience with Digital TV. It also has DLNA and e-book connection capabilities.
?We are technological pioneers in the different categories in which we operate. The Samsung Galaxy S was very well received by sales channels worldwide and considered the key smart phone for the market. The ideal model for those looking for efficiency, productivity, connection and practicality, both in their personal and professional lives ?, points out Silvio Stagni, Vice President of the Telecom Division at Samsung.
?With a totally open architecture and access to Google services (Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube and Google Talk), Galaxy S comes to define a totally new way of communicating?, says Hamilton Yoshida, Marketing Director at Samsung's Telecom.
- Dimensions: 64.57 x 122.5 x 9.99 mm
- Technology: HSUPA 5.76Mbps (900/1900 / 2100MHz) EDGE / GPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
- Display: 4.0 WVGA Super AMOLED
- Photo camera: 5MP AF
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi
- Operating System: Android (Eclair)
- Digital TV
- Audio: MP3 / AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / WMA / RA
- FM radio with RDS / Offline mode / Speakerphone
- Video: MPEG4 / H.263 / H.264 / WMV / RV / DivX / Xvid
- A-GPS, Accelerometer.
- Apps: TouchWiz 3.0 for Android Multistage, Augmented Reality, Face Recognition
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- 8GB internal memory expandable by microSD card
- Maximum memory capacity: 32GB
- Basic kit includes device, battery, stereo headset and USB data cable
The device will hit the Brazilian market in August, and has a suggested price of R $ 2,399.00.
* With information from the press release.