O Apple Watch the newest darling of the Ma universe. Its versatility justifies the most diverse uses, whether in physical activities, in day-to-day activities or to facilitate accessibility. But what about when you need to unpair the iPhone watch to sell or pass it on to someone? How to perform a backup and erase your Apple Watch data?
This very simple task, see how below.
Unpairing an Apple Watch from the iPhone
The Apple Watch connects with only one iPhone at a time. Thus, in order for the device to be used by someone else, it is necessary to unpair the watch from your iPhone. To disconnect the gadgets, they must be close to each other throughout the process.
- Open the application Watch on your iPhone;
- In the bottom menu, access the "My Watch" tab and select the Apple Watch you want to unpair at the top of the screen;
- On the side of the Apple Watch display image, touch the information icon on the right side of the dial;
- Tap on ?Unpair Apple Watch?;
- Tap again to confirm the action (you may need to enter your Apple ID / password linked to the watch to disable Activation Lock).
But what about the backup of the watch? Before unpairing the Apple Watch and restoring the watch to factory settings, iPhone will automatically create a backup of the watch's contents that can be later retrieved to a new device.
An addendum for Apple Watch Series 3 users (GPS + Cellular) is still unavailable in Brazil: if you have an active data plan, when you tap on ?Unpair Apple Watch? a warning will be displayed in which you must indicate whether you want to keep or remove the contracted plan. If you want to pair the same Apple Watch (or another watch) again, keep that plan; otherwise, remove the plan and contact your operator to cancel the data service.
Reset your Apple Watch content and settings
If you don't have access to the iPhone to unpair the watch and need to erase all data on your Apple Watch anyway, follow these steps to restore your device:
- On your Apple Watch, go to General Settings Reset Erase All Content and Settings;
- Touch ?Erase All? to confirm.
In this method, backup of the device at the be accomplished. So make sure you have an updated Apple Watch backup before proceeding!
Users of the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) should take the same concerns with the watch data plan, as previously indicated.
Restore an Apple Watch backup
To restore the content and settings of an Apple Watch from a backup, make sure you have your iPhone close to the watch.
- Turn on your Apple Watch and wait for the message ?Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch? to appear on the iPhone screen (if this message is not displayed, open the Apple Watch app and tap ?Pair?);
- Hold the Apple Watch in front of the iPhone camera, aligning it with the watch display;
- Select the option ?Restore Apple Watch using a backup? (you may need to log in with your Apple ID and password);
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Transferring an Apple Watch to a new iPhone
To transfer information from your Apple Watch to a new iPhone, have an updated backup of the previous iPhone already paired with the Apple Watch check out this tutorial to understand how to perform an iPhone backup.
With the backup completed, follow the next steps (make sure the devices are close to each other and connected to the same Wi-Fi network).
- Follow the initial setup instructions on the iPhone screen;
- On the screen that asks if you want to configure the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup, choose the option containing an updated backup your data;
- The iPhone should ask if you want to use the Apple Watch, tap ?Continue? (you may have to enter your Apple ID and password);
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the configuration of the new iPhone;
- Enter the code that appears on the iPhone to configure the Apple Watch data on the new device;
- In the Watch app, make sure the watch is properly paired.
If the new iPhone has already been activated, make sure that the Apple Watch and the old iPhone have been unpaired and follow the instructions below.
- Open the Apple Watch app and pair the watch with your phone (as we said, in ?Restore an Apple Watch backup?);
- Follow the instructions until you reach the screen that sets up a new Apple Watch or retrieves information from a backup;
- Select the most recent backup of your Apple Watch and tap "Continue";
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish setting up your new iPhone and Apple Watch.
If the user does not have a recent Apple Watch backup and does not have access to the old iPhone, it will be necessary to ?Reset the content and settings on the Apple Watch? and pair the watch as a new device. On iOS 11 or higher, data from Sade apps (Health) and Activity (Activity) are stored in iCloud and automatically updated on connected devices with the same Apple ID.
Apple Watch Series 3
Price view: from R $ 2,339.10Installed price: in at 12x R $ 216,58Sizes: 38mm or 42mmColors: diverseRelease: September 2017