Motorola announced this week the launch of FLIPOUT, the company's first Droid Phone to leave the factory with version 2.1 of the operating system.
With an innovative design in the shape of a rotating square, when it is slid, FLIPOUT displays a five-line QWERTY keyboard, one of which is exclusive to the numeric keys, to facilitate typing.
In addition, it has up to seven customizable screens and a feature available only in Android 2.1 version: animated and interactive wallpapers.
FLIPOUT also has an evolution of an exclusive service from Motorola, which makes it even easier to keep up with contacts' updates on social networks: MOTOBLUR.
According to the vice president of Mobile Products at Motorola Brazil, Sergio Buniac, ?FLIPOUT combines Motorola's tradition in design with the characteristics of Android, and a differentiated device between smartphones. Very compact, fits perfectly in the palm or pocket. Its unique design makes it more fun and easy to stay connected anywhere. ? "For fans of social networks, FLIPOUT also comes with the latest version of MOTOBLUR, which allows users to stay connected to their networks in an even more personalized way," added Buniac.
Among the evolutions of MOTOBLUR, available only in FLIPOUT, are:
- News and message widgets You can filter by account, contact or group of contacts and view only the information you want;
- Screen customization The position and size of the preloaded widgets can be changed and distributed across up to seven home screens;
- Battery manager It is possible to choose three operating modes for managing and optimizing battery consumption;
- Data manager monitors data usage to better manage the use of prepaid plans and limited data plans;
- Personal and corporate e-mails can be viewed directly on the cell phone;
- Ability to forward Twitter messages right from the home screen.
- Android 2.1 Operating System;
- MOTOBLUR 1.5;
- 2.8 ?QVGA screen, with 320 × 240 resolution and 16 million colors;
- Connection via GPRS / EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G;
- TI OMAP3410 processor, 600 MHz and 512MB of RAM;
- Supports microSDHC up to 32GB;
- Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensor;
- 3 megapixel camera, with fixed focus, 4x digital zoom, maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536, Geotagging, in addition to taking panoramic photos;
- Surf the internet with the Android WebKit browser, combined with Adobe Flash Lite 3;
- It has IM, SMS and MMS;
- Supports Exchange ActiveSync 2003 and 2007, IMAP4 and POP3 email protocols.
Motorola FLIPOUT will be launched in Brazil until July 2010.
* With press release information