The 2019 Game Awards revealed the game industry winners and many other new features
This Thursday (12) the Game Awards 2019 took place, the gala event that rewards the greatest achievements in the world of video games and electronic entertainment of the year. In addition to the awards, the ceremony featured several trailers and advertisements that surprised viewers and players from around the world. In this article we list the winners from all categories and bring together everything that happened at the event.
The winners of the 2019 Game Awards
This year's contest was fierce in several categories, but who won the ?Game of the Year? crown was Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice, a great success for From Software (same developer of the series Dark Souls and Bloodborne). Check below the winners of each category:
- Game of the Year: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best support community: Destiny 2
- Best Soundtrack / Music: Death Stranding
- Best eSports Coach: Danny Zonic Srensen (Astralis, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Best eSports Team: G2 Esports (League of Legends)
- Best eSports Event: 2019 League of Legends World Championship
- Best eSports Presenter: Eefje Sjokz Depoortere
- Best Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Best Narrative: Disco Elysium
- Best RPG Game: Disco Elysium
- Best eSports Player: Kyle Bugha Giersdorf (Immortals, Fortnite)
- Best Sound Design: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best Strategy Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Content Creator of the Year: Michael Shroud Grzesiek
- Best Art Direction: Control
- Best Ao Game: Devil May Cry 5
- Impact Game: Gris
- Best Family Game: Luigi?s Mansion 3
- Best Sports / Racing Game: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Best Mobile Game: Call of Duty: Mobile
- Best Multiplayer Game: Apex Legends
- Best Game in Progress: Fortnite
- Best eSports Game: League of Legends
- Best performance: Mads Mikkelsen as Cliff Death Stranding
- Best AR / VR Game: Beat Saber
- Public Voice Award: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Innovative Indie Game: Disco Elysium
- Best Independent Game: Disco Elysium
- Best Game Direction: Death Stranding
- Best Action / Adventure Game: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Microsoft introduces the new Xbox Series X
Advertisements The Game Awards started with a bang. The boss of the Xbox, Phil Spencer, took the stage at the beginning of the show to reveal the next Xbox, formerly known as Scarlett Project. It is called Xbox Series X and will be released in the next holiday season. It has a new control and, yes, you can use it horizontally.
Hellblade gets a sequel to the new Xbox
In addition to a new console, Microsoft also revealed one of his first games for the Xbox Series X. it's a sequel to Ninja Theory's haunted Hellblade, and the sequence looks as dark and uncomfortable as the original. The new trailer captured on the engine, equipped with Srie X, according to Microsoft.
Bravely Default 2 arrives next year
One of the best RPGs in style Final Fantasy is receiving a string. Square Enix announced the Bravely Default II, a sequel to the much loved Nintendo 3DS game, which will reach Nintendo Switch next year.
Godfall the first PlayStation 5 game
Not to be outdone, the PlayStation 5 was also mentioned in the event thanks to Godfall, a new Gearbox game to be released on the next console Sony. one horror game and fantasy horror in third person focused on hand-to-hand combat set in a whole new fantasy universe.
Extend the new PUBG stadium game
Prologue, the next launch of the team behind the PUBG, a great mystery. We know it exists, but that. "Our stadium was founded with the aim of exploring, experimenting and creating new technologies and gaming experiences", Brendan ?Playerunknown? Greene said in a press release. ?With Prologue, we are taking our first steps towards building new technologies and interactions that will help to develop my ideas in reality.?
A new chapter for League of Legends
Riot launched the first games to be published with the new label Riot Forge. The objective is to form partnerships with independent stadiums for new experiences set in the universe of League of Legends, and the first titles are called Ruined King and Convergence.
New trailer for Ghost of Tsushima
Ghost of Tsushima, exclusive to PS4, won a pleasant and in-depth trailer, lasting four minutes, detailing its exuberant and feudal world of Japanese inspiration. Even better, now we have an idea of ??when it will be available: the game will be released next summer.
One more look at the Final Fantasy VII remake
Before the game's release in March, Square Enix revealed yet another trailer for the long-awaited remake of Final Fantasy VII for the PS4. The new clip is not particularly long, but offers a nice, focused look on the surly hero Cloud Strife.
The sounds of Cyberpunk
One of the most anticipated games of 2020 Cyberpunk 2077, and The Game Awards 2019 we learned more about a very important part of the experience: music. The developer CD Projekt Red revealed the artists that will be contributing to the soundtrack, and includes artists like Grimes and Run the Jewels.
The new Gears Tactics
It's been a while since we heard about the Gears Tactics, the strategy spin-off of the brutal series of snipers. From the trailer, you can see that the game looks incredibly faithful to the franchise, despite the gender change. Gears Tactics be released on April 28 on PC.
The return of the ?Big Wolf?
After the tragic closure of Telltale Games, several titles were filed indefinitely. But now that the stadium is back – in a new form and under new management – it appears that some of these canceled projects are being revived. That includes The Wolf Among Us 2, a sequence that explores the universe of fairy tales from the comic series Fables.
"Fast and Furious" wins a game
The last game of Fast and furious it's not just a racing adventure. Crossroads is another team-based action game, built around assaults, and brings back some of the main cast of the films. The game will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in May 2020.
And these were the main highlights of the The Game Awards 2019! Did your favorite game win? Looking forward to meeting you Xbox Series X? Leave it in the comments and share it with your friends.