Apple announced at WWDC 2019 the main news about the new generation of its mobile operating systems, as we commented here. And today, the iOS 13, which brings several news, and the expected dark mode.
First, it is important to know if your device is compatible with the new system.
What has changed in this iOS update?
IOS 13 is the big update this year. Soon, it brings several news, improvements and resources. Follow the changelog official:
IOS 13 introduces a new look for the iPhone with Dark Mode, new ways to view and edit photos, and a new private way to sign in to apps and websites with just one touch. IOS 13 is faster and more responsive, with system-wide optimizations that improve app openings, reduce the size of app downloads, and make Face ID even faster.
This update introduces the following features and improvements:
- A beautiful new color scheme that offers great viewing, especially in low light environments;
- It can be scheduled to be activated automatically at sunset, at a certain time, or be activated in the Control Center;
- Four new system background images that change appearance automatically with Light and Dark modes.
Camera and Photos
- A completely new Photos tab with a revised view of your library, making it easier to find, relive and share your photos and videos;
- Powerful new photo editing tools that make it easy to quickly edit, adjust and review photos;
- Video editing with more than 30 new tools, including Rotate, Cut and Enhance;
- The possibility of increasing or decreasing the intensity of Portrait Illumination on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models;
- Bright Mono Light, a new Portrait Lighting effect that generates a monochrome portrait with a white background on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models.
Log in with Apple
- A private way to sign in to participating apps and websites with the Apple ID you already have;
- Simplified account setup with just your name and email address;
- Includes a Hide My E-mail option to share a unique e-mail address that is automatically forwarded to you;
- Integrated two-factor authentication to protect your account;
- Apple does not track or analyze how you use your favorite apps.
Arcade App Store
- Unlimited access to new innovative games with a subscription, without additional ads or purchases;
- A new Arcade tab on the App Store to discover the latest games, personalized recommendations and exclusive editorial content;
- Available to play on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV;
- Option to download large apps using the cellular connection;
- Possibility to view updates available for apps or delete apps on your Account page;
- Compatibility with Arabic and Hebrew.
- A new map in the USA with expanded street coverage, I need improved addresses, more features for pedestrians and more detailed land coverage;
- The new Look Around feature allows you to explore cities in a high resolution interactive 3D environment;
- Collections for lists of your favorite places, easy to share with friends and relatives;
- Favorites to navigate quickly and easily to the places you visit daily;
- Share the estimated time of your arrival while the route is in progress;
- Public transport in real time, updates on real-time flights and point-to-point navigation with a more natural voice.
- New design with more powerful and smarter ways to create and organize reminders;
- Quick toolbar for adding dates, locations, signs, attachments and more to reminders;
- New smart lists Today, Scheduled, Flagged and All to organize reminders with ease;
- Subtasks and grouped lists to organize reminders.
- Siri's personalized suggestions in the Apple Podcasts, Safari and Maps apps;
- Over 100,000 live radio stations from around the world are available with Siri.
- Integration with the Shortcuts app;
- Automations suggested in the Gallery, customized for your daily routine;
- Personal and home automation, allowing you to run shortcuts automatically based on triggers;
- The Home app is compatible with shortcuts such as advanced actions in the Automation tab.
Memojis and Messages
- New options for personalizing Memojis, including new hair styles, glasses, makeup and piercings;
- Packages with Memojis stickers in the Messages, Mail and third-party apps available on all iPhone models;
- Your name and photo, or even Memoji, are now optionally shared with your friends;
- Search improvements to find messages easily, with intelligent suggestions and categorization of results.
- New CarPlay Dashboard with its music, curves and smart suggestions from Siri on just one screen;
- Completely new calendar app with a view of your day, options to drive or call meetings and contact meeting organizers;
- Redesigned maps with Favorites, Collections and Crossroads Visualization in China;
- Album covers on Apple Music to easily find your favorite music;
- Do Not Disturb while driving now available on CarPlay.
- People Lock for apps to place virtual objects naturally in front of or behind people using the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models;
- Motion Capture so that apps can understand a person's body position and movement, so you can animate a character or interact with virtual objects using iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models;
- Tracking multiple faces in Augmented Reality content for up to 3 faces simultaneously, so you can have fun with your friends using iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models;
- Quick View in Augmented Reality to see and interact with multiple Augmented Reality objects at the same time.
- Block the sender to move all e-mail messages from a blocked sender directly to the trash;
- Mute a conversation to stop notifications from an overly active email conversation;
- Formatting bar with easy access to various styled text formatting tools;
- Compatibility with all system fonts, in addition to new fonts that you can download from the App Store.
- Gallery view with visual thumbnails of your notes to help you find the note you are looking for;
- Shared folders to collaborate with others, offering access to entire notes folders;
- More powerful search for visual recognition of images within your notes and text on items you scanned;
- New checklist options to easily reorder items in a checklist, indent or move them to the end of the list automatically.
- Updated homepage with favorites, frequently visited sites, most recently visited sites and Siri suggestions;
- Visualization options in the Intelligent Search field to quickly access text size controls, Reader view and site settings;
- Per site settings to choose Reader view and activate content blockers, camera, microphone and location access for individual sites;
- Download manager.
- Slide your finger to type on the keyboard with one hand when moving;
- Switch between swiping or tapping to type, even in the middle of the sentence;
- Alternative word options in the suggestion bar.
- Drag the scroll bar to drag it directly, allowing you to quickly browse long documents, web pages and email conversations;
- Faster and more accurate cursor navigation just capture and move it to the desired position;
- Improvements to facilitate the selection of text just touch and slide over the text.
- Custom fonts are available on the App Store for use in your favorite apps;
- Font management in Settings.
- Compatibility with external drives in the Files app to access and manage files on a USB drive, SD card or hard drive;
- SMB compatibility to connect to a server at work or a home PC;
- Local storage to create folders on the local drive and add your favorite files;
- Compatibility with compression and decompression to create and expand Zip files.
- New Summary view of your personalized data, including alerts, favorites and relevant highlights from frequently used apps and devices;
- Highlights of the health data of frequently used apps and devices, showing trends over time and information graphics;
- The Cycle Tracking feature allows you to record information about your menstrual cycle, including flow level, symptoms and fertility metrics;
- Hearing health data for environmental noise levels in the Rudo app for Apple Watch, earphone audio levels and audio test audiograms.
- Lyrics synchronized with the music make the experience more fun;
- Over 100,000 live radio stations from around the world.
- Usage data over 30 days to compare with the Usage Time numbers over the previous weeks;
- Combined limits to include multiple categories of apps, specific apps or websites in one limit;
- Option One more minute to quickly save your work or log out of a game when the Usage Time limit is reached.
Privacy and Security
- Location permission Allow Once with the option of sharing your locations with apps only once;
- Background tracking alerts now send a notification when an app is using your location in the background;
- Improvements to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth help prevent apps from accessing your location without your consent;
- Location sharing controls offer the option to easily omit location data when sharing photos.
- Selection of Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth accessories in the Control Center;
- A redesigned and discreet volume control in the upper left corner;
- Screenshots of the full page on web pages, Mail messages, iWork documents and Maps;
- Redesigned sharing sheet with smart suggestions for sharing content with just a few taps;
- Audio sharing for two sets of AirPods, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo3, BeatsX and Powerbeats3, to share a single audio stream;
- Playback in Dolby Atmos offers an exciting experience with surround sound on soundtracks compatible with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later models.
- Compatibility with 38 new languages ??on the keyboard;
- Keyboard typing suggestions include Cantons, Dutch, Hindi (Devangari), Hindi (Latin), Arabic Najdi, Swedish and Vietnamese;
- Separate emoji and globe keys make it easy to quickly switch between languages ??and emoji selection on iPhone X and later models;
- Automatic language detection for dictation;
- Compatibility with bilingual dictionaries in Thai and English, and Vietnamese and English.
- A dedicated QR code mode on the Camera that can be accessed from the Control Center, offering improved performance for QR codes, a flashlight option and privacy improvements;
- Crossroads visualization in the Maps app, allowing drivers in China to navigate complex highways with ease;
- Adjustable handwriting area on the Chinese keyboard;
- You suggested in cantons on the Cangjie, Sucheng, Trao and Manuscrito keyboards.
- New male and female voices for Siri in Indian English;
- Compatibility with all 22 official Indian languages, in addition to 15 new languages ??for the keyboard;
- Bilingual keyboard in Hindi (Latin) and English, including typing suggestions;
- Typing suggestions on the Hindi keyboard (devangari);
- New system fonts in Indian language for Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Canar and Odia, offering more clarity and ease when reading in apps;
- 30 new document sources for Assams, Bengals, Gujarati, Hindi, Canar, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepals, Odia, Panjabi, Sanskrit, Tmil, Telugo and Urdu;
- Contacts with hundreds of new relationship tags to help you identify your contacts more accurately.
- Launch apps up to 2x faster;
- Face ID unlocking up to 30% faster on iPhone X and later models;
- 60% smaller app updates, on average;
- Apps up to 50% smaller on the App Store.
- Battery charging optimized to extend battery life, reducing the time the iPhone spends fully charged;
- Performance management feature for iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, to prevent the device from being shut down unexpectedly, including the option to disable this feature if an unexpected shutdown occurs;
- Notifications when the Battery Health feature cannot verify that a new, genuine Apple battery is installed on an iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later versions.
Other features and improvements
- Silence unknown callers to receive calls from known numbers in Contacts, Mail and Messages, sending all other calls to voicemail;
- Data Saver Mode to reduce data usage over the cellular network or specific Wi-Fi networks you select;
- Compatibility with wireless controllers from PlayStation 4 and Xbox;
- Search iPhone and Search Friends combined in a single app that allows you to locate a lost device, even if it cannot connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network;
- Reading goals for Apple Books help create a daily reading habit;
- The Calendar allows you to add attachments to events;
- Family sharing access for your family's devices to automatically connect to personal iPhone access nearby;
- Casa app controls redesigned for HomeKit accessories, with a combined view for accessories with multiple services;
- Zoom with your fingers offers more precision when editing recordings in the Recorder.
Above all, we recommend keeping your device up to date.
To update, just go to General Software Update Settings.
Liked? Share with your friends and stay tuned here on iPhoneTips! Follow us on Twitter, Telegram, Instagram and Facebook; and support our project!