Facebook recently updated the Community Fathers, with the aim of restricting what may or may not be published when it comes to Sexual Approach. According to the company, measures were taken to prevent the social network from being used to promote cases of violence or sexual exploitation. In addition, the platform considers that not all users feel comfortable with some types of content that involve this connotation.
Among the new rules, there is a ban on posts with sex tips, explicit sexual approach, such as conversations or sending images, in addition to nude photos or content related to implicit approaches. In the following lines, get to know the new topics of the Facebook Community Fathers.
Five polemic apps banned by Facebook
Facebook releases new guidelines on publishing sexual content on its network Photo: Reproduo / Mirella Stivani
Want to buy cell phones, TV and other discounted products? Meet Compare TechTudo
In the text posted by Facebook, on the "Sexual Approach" page in the Fathers of the Community, the social network guides users:
- Do not publish attempts to coordinate or recruit adults for sexual activities;
- Do not use an explicit sexual approach, such as conversations or sending images;
- Avoid phrases that might suggest sexual connotation as I am looking for a bit of fun tonight "or with sexualized streaks;
- Make posts with sex tips;
- Do not share content as artistic manifestations drawn by hand, digital or from the real world, that can make direct reference to eroticism and sex;
- It is also no longer necessary to offer or solicit activities from other adults such as commercial pornography or partners who share fetish sexual interests, striptease performances, live sex performances, erotic dances or sexual, erotic or ethnic massages;
- Images of nudity or content related to implied sexual approaches should also not be published anymore.
These are just some of the Guidelines published by Facebook. It is possible to access all guidelines related to the subject on the official website of the social network.
Facebook updates sexual content guidelines on the platform Photo: Luciana Maline / TechTudo
With the update of the Community Fathers, users were left with doubts about Mark Zuckerberg's new social network policy and reported on social networks. Many used Twitter to express their concern. The biggest uncertainty for people was whether there would be any kind of prohibition to talk openly about their sexuality or restrictions on gay-friendly groups. O TechTudo contacted the company, but there was no response at the time of this publication.
A US spokesman for The Verge said that the new guidelines only cover explicit sexual content, which can be offensive to different types of people. The company clarified that everyone should feel free to talk about their sexual orientation, without fear of the content being excluded.
Although the new guidelines are intended for any type of publication including posts made in groups, pages or in messages sent by Messenger, it is possible that the rule will not work for everyone. This is because it is not always possible to monitor all posts on the social network. So if someone is uncomfortable with any content, it is important to report the problem to Facebook. The content must be reviewed and, if it does not follow the network policy, it can be removed after the analysis.
In the case of private messages via Messenger, if the user receives inappropriate sexual content, it is important to immediately report the problem to Facebook, which must take the necessary measures to prevent possible abuse.
How to delete or archive multiple Facebook posts at once