In the past few days we have reported that TVs from Samsung, LG, Vizio and Sony will gain compatibility with the protocol AirPlay 2, from Apple.
This means that on these TVs, users will be able to share videos, photos, music and more from Apple devices to their television. Even though such manufacturers have confirmed support for AirPlay 2, no one still knew exactly which models will be compatible with the technology.
Today, Apple ended this suspense by posting a list on a page on its website with all this information.
According to the company, these are TVs compatible with AirPlay 2:
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X Series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X Series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X Series (2019)
- Samsung QLED Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 8 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 7 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 6 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 5 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 4 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019, 85 ?, 75 ?, 65 ? and 55 ? models)
- Vizio P-Series Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- Vizio P-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio M-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio E-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio D-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
Bearing in mind that Samsung TVs will be the only ones that will also receive an application from the iTunes Store for those who want to rent / buy content sold by Apple; on the other hand, South Korean TVs * do not * have support for the HomeKit protocol, it is not possible, for example, to ask Siri (on your iPhone) to play a specific series on your TV.
And, is your television on? ?
Update 1/12/2019 s 23:40
When Vizio announced that it would also support AirPlay 2, it said that all of its TVs with SmartCast would receive the news. However, as we can see in the list above released by Apple, the brand's TV models manufactured in 2016 that, like those in 2017, have the technology were not mentioned.
To clarify the matter, Vizio took to Twitter and confirmed that the functionality will also reach all TV models of 2016 that are 4K UHD SmartCast:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed that all 2016 4K UHD SmartCast Displays will support the Apple integration. -THE
– VIZIO Support (@VIZIOsupport) January 8, 2019
@VIZIOsupport Could you confirm that the P65-c1 and P65-e1 models will receive the SmartCast 3.0 update? I read conflicting information and would be grateful if you could clarify, since the 2016 & 2017 models are identical internally and have been receiving the same updates so far.
Thank you for mentioning this subject. We confirm that all 2016 4K UHD SmartCast models will support Apple's interaction.
Vizio's customers should be very happy with the company's attitude very different from LG's customers, who did not like to see the company offering support only for models launched in 2019 and even decided to petition against it.