Last July, we commented on a vacancy at Apple (in the marketing area) that indicated the arrival of the famous and desired Gift Cards from iTunes / App / iBooks Store to Brazil.
The so-called gift cards nothing more than credits you buy to put in your iTunes / App / iBooks Store account. When purchasing (or winning one), you scratch a specific area, type the code on a special page within the App / iTunes / iBooks Store (on iPhones, iPads or iPods touch) or within iTunes / the Mac App Store (on Macs / PCs) and the amount duly credited to your account.
They are a great alternative for those who do not have a credit / debit card or simply do not want to associate a card with their Apple ID, as you can simply purchase such cards at Ma's partner stores and place the credit in your account.
Abroad, this type of card is quite common and Gift Cards were widely used by Brazilians when the Brazilian App / iTunes / iBooks Store did not yet exist and we were ?obliged? to have an American account. But now, in January 2019, this option has finally landed here in Brazil!
Where to buy
According to Apple, you can purchase the Card from the App Store at the following locations:
- American stores
- Extra Hyper
- Extra Mini
- Po de Acar
- Minute Po de Acar
- Fast shop
- Magazine Luiza
- Le biscuit
In these stores, you will find cards of R $ 20, R $ 50 or R $ 100 or a version that can be loaded with up to R $ 200. After purchase, the card is activated by the store and is ready for use.
How to redeem
NO IPHONE, IPAD OR IPOD TOUCH
- Open the App Store.
- Touch "Today" and then touch the "My Account" button or your photo in the upper right corner.
- Tap on ?Redeem Gift Card or Code? and start a session with your Apple ID, if necessary.
- If you want to use the camera to add the gift card, tap ?Use Camera?. Follow the instructions on the screen to capture the redemption code.
- Depending on your country or region or if you have an older card, you will need to insert the card manually: tap on ?If you prefer, enter your code here? and follow the instructions.
- Insert the 16-digit code, starting with X, located on the back of the card. If you have a content or promotional code, insert the code on the back of the card.
- Touch ?OK?.
If an alert message appears or if it is not possible to redeem a content code or a gift card from the App Store and iTunes or Apple Music, see how to proceed here. The in-store credit on the Apple ID will be used on every purchase made at one of the stores, including Apple Music subscriptions and for iCloud storage until you run out. Find out how to view your store credit balance here.
ON MAC OR PC
- Open iTunes or the Mac App Store.
- In the App Store, log in with your Apple ID, click on your name or photo in the lower left corner, then click on ?Redeem Gift Card?.
- In iTunes, select Account Redeem in the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the iTunes window and sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you want to use the camera on your computer to redeem the gift card, click on ?Use Camera?. Follow the instructions on the screen to capture the redemption code.
- Depending on your country or region or if you have an older card, you will need to insert the card manually in the box below ?If you prefer, enter your code here? and follow the instructions. When finished, click Redeem.
- Insert the 16-digit code that starts with X and is on the back of the card. If you have a content or promotional code, insert the code on the back of the card.
IN ANDROID DEVICES
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Touch the menu (three dashes). If you see the ?Start Session? option, tap it, enter your Apple ID and password and tap the ?Start Session? button. Then tap the menu again.
- Touch ?Settings?.
- Touch ?Account Settings?.
- Tap on ?Redeem Gift Card or Code?.
- Insert the code provided on the back of the card and tap ?Redeem? again.
· ? ·
Another great option for you to purchase content at Apple stores! ?