After two months of testing, Apple is releasing today to all users the iOS 12.2 (build 16E227) and the tvOS 12.2 (16L226). Besides them, Apple also released the Xcode 10.2 (10E125) the macOS Mojave 10.14.4 it's the watchOS 5.2 I should paint soon.
We already know that they would be released this week since last week's announcements, since it is the systems that come pre-installed on the new iPad Air and mini, as well as requirements for the second generation AirPods.
IOS 12.2 incorporates new shark, owl, wild boar and giraffe Animojis, HomeKit and AirPlay 2 support on TVs, significant improvement in audio messaging quality, modified Siri interface when ordering music, brings Apple News to Canada (and incorporates support for the newly announced Apple News +), brings renewed Control Center icons (including a new version of the Remote widget), new Sleep feature customization options (Downtime), ability to mark podcast episodes as played, small changes in Safari and Maps, and more.
Here's the changelog Complete in Portuguese:
IOS 12.2 includes four new Animojis. This update also includes bug fixes and enhancements.
- Four new Animojis (owl, wild boar, giraffe and shark) were included for iPhone X and later, 12.9-inch (3rd generation) iPad Pro and 11-inch iPad Pro.
- Dedicated TV controls with quick access to Control Center and Lock Screen;
- Video multitasking via AirPlay lets you use other apps in addition to playing other short audio and video files locally on your device without interrupting AirPlay;
- AirPlay targets are now grouped by content type, making it easier to find the device where you want to play.
- Apple Pay Cash customers can now transfer money to their bank accounts instantly using their Visa debit cards;
- The Wallet app now conveniently displays Apple Pay credit and debit transactions below the card.
- Home can be configured with a different schedule for each day of the week;
- A new option lets you turn app limits on or off temporarily with ease.
- Login to sites now occurs automatically after filling in credentials with AutoFill Password;
- Warnings now appear when loading unencrypted web pages;
- Removes No Trace compatibility expired to prevent potential use as an identification variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site crawling by default;
- You can now tap the arrow icon next to the search suggestions to modify Smart Search field queries.
- The Explore tab shows more editorial highlights on a single page, making it easy to discover new music, playlists and more.
- Compatibility with new AirPods (2nd generation).
This update also includes other enhancements and bug fixes:
- Compatible with the Air Quality Index on the Maps app in the US, UK, and India;
- Includes information in Settings about how much time is left in your device's warranty period;
- Displays a ?5G E? icon on iPhone 8 and later, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) or 11-inch iPad Pro, indicating that users are in an area where AT&T's 5G Evolution network is available;
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in the Messaging app;
- Improves stability and performance of Apple TV Remote on iOS;
- Fixes an issue that prevented some missed calls from showing in Notification Center;
- Addresses an issue where a notification symbol could appear in Settings, though no action was required;
- Fixes an issue with General Settings iPhone Storage where the space used by some large apps, the System category and the Other category in the storage bar chart could report incorrect values;
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Recorder to play recordings automatically after connecting to a Bluetooth device for the car;
- Corrects an issue that could cause the Recorder to temporarily prevent a recording from being renamed.
For those upgrading their devices to the new systems, comment below what they are finding and / or if they had any problems.
Update 3/25/2019 s 17:08
Here are the deep links for iOS 12.2 download, for those who prefer to apply the update manually through iTunes:
Update II 3/25/2019 s 17:45
Also released today is update 12.2 of the audioOS operating system from HomePod. It features support for entry into most enterprise 802.1x networks and campuses college students who do not require unique credentials to login.
Apparently, there is nothing new in this update.