It's fun to sign up for a subscription service like Apple Arcade through iOS or iPadOS. A menu appears, you activate Face ID or Touch ID and the most satisfying ring in the world lets you know that your purchase was successful. All very simply.
But what if I want to cancel these subscriptions? This is not so simple, but better than it used to be. For years, Apple would have you venturing into the depths of the Settings app, which you probably didn't even know existed, to find your subscription list. The company now allows you to access your subscriptions directly through the App Store. It's not very intuitive yet, but it's a big improvement over the previous methods.
Whether you want to sign out of HBO Now, Match.com, or your free Apple Arcade trial, here's what you need to do to unsubscribe. Below we will show you how to cancel your subscriptions through the App Store or Settings app.
The easiest way
You can access all app subscriptions from your profile in the App Store app. This is by far the easiest way to cancel (or renew) a subscription. Here's how to do it.
- Open the app from the app store.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Press Subscriptions.
- You will see a list of all your active and expired subscriptions. If you want to cancel one, press the desired active subscription and tapUnsubscribe at the bottom.
- If you want to renew one, click on the desired expired subscription. You will usually see a list of different plans. Select the desired one and iOS prompts you to approve an Apple Pay payment.
The longest way
With iOS 13, Apple has also simplified ?the long way? of managing your subscriptions through the Settings app. As you can see below, not so long.
- Open the app Settings.
- Touch your Apple ID card with your name and profile picture at the top of the menu.
- Press Subscriptions.
- You will see a list of all your active and expired subscriptions. If you want to cancel one, select the active subscription you want and press Cancel signature at the bottom. You will be ready.
- If you want to renew one, click on the desired expired subscription. You will usually see a list of different plans. Press the desired one and iOS prompts you to approve an Apple Pay payment.
How to re-subscribe to a service
To sign up again, repeat steps 1 through 4 above except for the cancellation portion. This will take you back to your Subscriptions panel, where you will find your expired logins under your active subscriptions. Just select the service you want to re-subscribe to and then select one of the available plans.