After many trial versions, Apple is launching today for all users the iOS 12.4 (compilation 16G77), the macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G64), the watchOS 5.3 (16U569) and the tvOS 12.4 (16M568).
Besides them, Ma also made available the Apple TV Software 7.3.1 (build 12H864) for the third generation models and the Xcode 10.3 (10G7a) for developers.
The updates probably coincide with the release of the Apple Card in the United States, the modern credit card announced by Ma at a special event last March.
Check out the other news below.
IOS 12.4 brings a new feature that makes it easy to data migration for a new iPhone without wires. To broaden its reach, Apple has even today made available the iOS 9.3.6 (compilation 13G37) and the iOS 10.3.4 (14G61) to devices not running iOS 12, such as iPhones 4s / 5, iPad 2 and the first iPad mini. According to MacRumors, updates also fix a bug in their GPS.
The update also brings improvements to Apple News + (where the service is available) and, as usual, improves the security of iPhones and iPads.
It also includes a new version of the system that runs on HomePods, incorporating as expected support for Japan and Taiwan.
Here are the direct download links for those who prefer to update manually:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro (11 ?), iPad Pro (12.9 ? 3 generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5 ?), iPad Pro (12.9 ? 2 generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3th generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7 ?)
- iPad Pro (12.9 ?)
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Fixes a serious app security hole Walkie talkie, restoring service to all users. It was disabled for more than ten days.
In addition, Apple is taking the resources of ECG (electrocardiogram) and notifications of irregular heart rhythms to Canada and Singapore.
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
The upgrade improves Mac stability and reliability and is recommended for all users. Like iOS 12.4, it also brings general enhancements to Apple News +.
In addition, the update:
- Addresses an issue that prevented the creation of a new Boot Camp partition on iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive;
- Resolves an issue that could cause a crash during a reboot;
- Solves a graphic problem that could occur upon awakening from rest;
- Fixes an issue that could cause a full screen video to appear black on the Mac mini;
- Improves the reliability of sharing via SMB.
For those interested, here are the direct download links that also include security updates for previous versions of macOS:
tvOS 12.4 and Apple TV Software 7.3.1
A priori, only general enhancements and bug / security fixes.
To those who are updating, comment your impressions! ?