One of the great advantages of Android over other operating systems is undoubtedly its flexibility of customization. Installing alternative ROMs is a procedure adopted by many users, especially those looking for alternative experiences and new possibilities. We decided to develop a tutorial for installing MIUI, the Xiaomi operating system based on AOSP. Check out all the steps you should follow in the article below.
MIUI installation requires a rooted device. The process for root of simple device; however, remember to keep all your data saved. Back up all stored information, such as photos, contacts, documents, and videos. To do this, follow the steps we teach in the tutorials below:
Attention: We are not responsible for any damage or loss of data.
Download ROM MIUI
In the table below, we list all MIUI versions that support Brazilian Portuguese. If you do not know how the OS works, we recommend that you first download the Portuguese version and then choose to install the multi-language versions offered by Xaiomi via this link.
|Samsung||Galaxy S4||I9500||Link 1 / Link 2|
|Galaxy Note 3||N9005||Link 1 / Link 2|
|Nexus 5||D821||Link 1 / Link 2|
|LG||G2||D802||Link 1 / Link 2|
There are some ROMs translated into Brazilian Portuguese and aimed at devices not released in Brazil, such as HTC One M8, Oppo Find 5 and OnePlus One. You can access them through this link. All ROMs listed above have an official update schedule and are stable.
Install the MIUI ROM on your rooted device
After downloading the specific ROM for your device, follow the steps below to install MIUI. In some devices navigation can be done by tapping the screen, and in others through the volume buttons.
- Download Google apps at this link;
- Copy the zip file with the MIUI ROM and the zip file with the Gapps in the root of the SD card;
- Enter Recovery Mode from your device;
- Select Backup and Restore to make a backup of the current system on your SD card;
- After backup, erase all data from the device memory in Wipe data / Factory reset;
- Select Install zip from SDcard> Choose zip from SDcard and locate the ROM MIUI file;
- Once MIUI is installed, repeat the process: install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard, select and install the file with Google apps;
- Go back and restart with Reboot;
- Upon restart, your device should display the default MIUI animation.
Use MIUI on your rootless device
Finally there is a launcher Xiaomi official that can be installed on any device. Mi Home works just like any skin available on the Play Store and as such does not require root for installation. Mi's app features a store of themes, widgets and wallpapers, plus some MIUI utilities and animations.