How about a multimedia hub for the famous Kodi? LibreELEC is a distro that turns your computer into a media center.
Currently smart TVs are present in several Brazilian homes, however, not all have a device with such functionality, in these cases LibreELEC may be an alternative.
O LibreELEC A fork of the OpenELEC project, focusing on system development and stability, this Linux distribution is intended to make it easy to use on media center computers. Using the famous Kodi (media center software) interface, LibreELEC also provides options for PLex Embedded, Lakka and various IoT projects. Known to be a Just enough OS Linux distribution for Kodi (Just Enough OS), JeOS can be run on x86 architecturesdevices Raspberry picomputers ODroid and Wetek, being a great choice in creating a very successful media center, replacing the function of a smart tv.
New verse with news
Launched on the day February 2 nd, O LibreELEC 9 integrates Kodi 18.0 and tracks enhancements coming from Kodi version 18.0 and JeOS's own. Some features present in LibreELEC 9 are:
- DRM support, allowing unofficial content transmission of services such as Amazon and Netflix;
- Retroplayer, a function that makes it possible to perform retraction games via emulation;
- Changeable SSH passwords;
- Iptables firewall as default;
- Add-on updates (Kodi add-ons) in the system menu itself;
- Safe mode booting if there are errors when starting Kodi;
- Greater support for DVB Drivers (a set of open standards for digital TV);
- Alpha support for Rockchip (some TVs, tablets, and media center devices use these semiconductors);
- And new devices supported.
Some of these new supported devices:
- Khadas VIM (1) – Clean install required if using current community images.
- Free Computer LePotato.
- 96 ROCK960 padlocks;
- ASUS Tinker Card;
- Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC;
- Khadas Edge;
- PINE64 ROCK64;
- PINE64 RockPro64;
- Hour Popcorn RockBox;
- Popcorn transformer;
- Radxa ROCK Pi 4;
- Rockchip Sapphire Board;
- Mqmaker MiQi.
And many more gadgets
RetroPlayer, play your games retrs straight on Kodi
Now with the ability to play games via Colors emulation, similar to the emulator aggregator RetroArchKodi 18 brings initial support for various nostalgic console games such as Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, Game Boy and more.
Until the next post, I wait for you here on the blog Diolinux, SYSTEMATICALLY!
See an error or would you like to add any suggestions to this article? Collaborate, click here.