Navigation software company TomTom has announced an Android version of its traffic program during IFA 2012. Now navigation, maps and traffic technologies will be incorporated into the application due to hit the market this October.
According to Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom, the idea is to spread TomTom's navigation technology in every way possible:
We aim to make TomTom content and services available to different devices and platforms. (…) Bringing TomTom navigation to Android smartphones is therefore a significant milestone for us.
Below you give some features of the application:
- Offline Maps: Current and Accurate TomTom Maps
- Updates: Maps can be updated for free.
- IQ Routes: Route Planning
- Advanced Routes: Quick routes, accurate instructions, directions, and street names by voice
- 2D / 3D maps
- TomTom HD Traffic: Available as an in-app purchase to provide a faster way of traffic.
- TomTom Surveillance Cameras: Also available through in-app purchase, features a quick camera package
More information on details, price and availability will be released near the launch. What we can see is that so far this acquisition has added a lot of value to Android, since TomTom is a company that contributes a lot to the image of a company for being reliable and offering a great product, do you agree?
. (tagsToTranslate) TomTom (t) Navigation App (t) Android (t) Traffic Technologies