Safe one of those software that promise to make your computer safe and optimized. Once installed, however, it becomes just the opposite: a problem from which it is very difficult to escape. If you are currently living with it, you know that uninstalling the application is not so simple.
In this tutorial, we will teach you step by step how to rid your machine of this malware and eliminate the performance flaws you must be constantly experiencing. Good reading!
1. Open the task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL;
2. Go to the "Processes" tab and locate "HPNotify.exe" as below image:
3. Finish the process;
4. Now type "regedit" in the Windows search bar and open Registry Editor:
5. Verify the following paths (varying by system version) and delete the name Security when it appears:
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run) or (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run) or (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow6432Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run)
6. Then press the Windows command button and the letter "R". You open the Run command;
7. Type "appwiz.cpl" and click "OK";
Search for the name Security in the list of programs and uninstall it;
9. Finally, go to C: / Program Files or similar and remove the Security folder.
If you have a reliable anti-malware program, it is a good idea to use it to scan your PC and see if all traces of the problem really are gone. If you followed all these steps, the supposed "antivirus" hardly ever had a place to hide.
Don't forget to keep your system always up to date and protected!
TecMundo Discount Coupons: