After more than a year of waiting, Adobe has finally released the promised iPad version of its most popular graphics application, the Photoshop.
The company's goal is to reach the tablet as close as possible to the computer version. But the road is still long.
As anticipated, the initial version is still quite limited, not bringing important functionality for professionals who already use the tool. The plan, over time, add what is missing. However, given the time it took to release the basic version, imagine that we will not see news so early.
Free download but to use the app I need to have a monthly subscription. But for those who want to try before they buy, the first 30 days are free.
Here are the main features highlighted on the app page:
- Build with full PSDsCreate on your iPad with the Photoshop features you know and love, from retouching and compositing to recovery and blending modes. Layers? They are all here. Resolution? It makes no difference. Your PSDs are exactly the same whether you're working on the desktop or on top of a mountain.
- Familiar tools, fingertip controlWork with the layer stack and toolbar tools, as with your computer. Slide, pinch, touch, scribble, slide – you feel closer to your work than ever before. And with the context-aware user interface, only the main tools and panels are displayed, so you can focus on the screen, not the confusion.
- Work anywhere It's simple to keep your PSDs in sync across devices, because now you don't have to sync anything. Your documents are automatically saved to the Adobe cloud while you work and are available on any device running Photoshop.
- CompositionMake accurate selections with the Quick Selection tool, Loop and advanced selection options such as blur. Use the brush to mask certain parts of your image and create sophisticated compositions.
- RetouchingEdit and enhance images and remove unwanted elements with features like spot and clone recovery.
In this list does not have one of the main differentials, which is the compatibility with Apple Pencil (both generations) for you to draw or touch up with some graphic art.
To install, I need to have iPad with at least iOS 13.1, and be one of these models:
- iPad Pro (all)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- 5, 6 and 7 generation iPad
If you meet all these requirements, simply install the app through of this link. The monthly subscription price is R $ 40,90. The first 30 days are free.