Feature implemented in iOS 13.2 lets you delete Siri data voice commands, which are stored on Apple servers. Learn how to use it!
Today's smartphones have virtual assistants, who help us with a variety of situations, such as searching the web, calling some and other tasks with voice commands. Despite its usefulness, those who are more concerned about their privacy do not like to know that all the actions requested for them end up being saved on corporate servers.
Fortunately, just as Google allows on Android, Apple is providing a way to erase the command history data for Siri, its virtual assistant on iOS (iPhone system). Here's how to clear the history of commands given to Siri.
In order to delete the command logs given to Siri you must be running iOS 13.2 or later. If you are unsure how to install this version of the system, check out this guide on how to upgrade iOS.
How to erase voice commands given to Siri
Making the process mentioned above is very simple, as the function for this is present in the system settings itself and it is not necessary to access any website or download an extra application. Check out:
- Enter the "Settings" and tap "Siri and Search";
- On the new screen, tap ?Siri History and Dictation? and ?Delete Siri History and Dictation?;
- In the message that appears, confirm it by tapping once again on ?Delete History of Siri and Dictation? and then ?Discard?.
How to have Siri not save voice commands
With the above procedure, you just deleted the voice commands that Siri had already stored on Apple's servers. To prevent your new commands from being sent to them as well, you need to do one more setup on iOS. Look:
- Enter the "Settings" again and go to "Privacy";
- Swipe down and tap ?Review and improvements?;
- In the new screen, find the option ?Improve Siri and Dictation? and disable your key.
Ready! From this moment on, you can enjoy Siri with more privacy. Remember that by disabling these functions, some results seen in the virtual assistant may not be as accurate as before, as it no longer has your history.
iPhone Tips Crab Tips & Tutorials
Share with your followers
. (tagsToTranslate) iPhone (t) Tips (t) Siri (t) Tips & Tutorials